The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Carlisle GM Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137976)

ds1 06-17-2016 02:49 PM

Carlisle GM Nationals

Well it is Friday June 17, 10:48 am. I went to the GM show and am back home. Left at 6:45 am. Carlisle Productions has got to figure things out. There were 3 Rows of venders and not even filled. I do not regret going, but folks our hobby is on life support. Got to talk to friends and that was good. If anyone from Carlisle productions reads this, reducing space size hurt you and 20 bucks to get in and park is 10 to much.

Salvatore 06-17-2016 09:49 PM

Re: Carlisle GM Nationals

not worth it to me and don't go anymore. I am sure there is something to do there but not my deal anymore.

BJCHEV396 06-17-2016 10:15 PM

Wow surprised to hear that.Haven't been in a few years.Sorry to hear that things have gone south!

the427king 06-17-2016 10:45 PM

Easier to sell on Ebay than sell for 50% of the price at a show and pay all the overhead costs. Now the swap meets are all buyers, and no sellers.

Tracker1 06-17-2016 11:12 PM

That show sucks.

Enoch 06-17-2016 11:47 PM

Been about 5 years since I've been there. Only show I hit for certain is Corvettes. Sometimes spring and fall.

Verne_Frantz 06-18-2016 01:13 AM

So why are the Ford and Mopar Carlisle events packed and the GM (essentially a Chevy) show is drying up? I'd like to hear a good explanation, because I can't think of one.

Verne [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

ds1 06-18-2016 01:24 AM

GM show was the same weekend as the Camaro Nationals in Fredericksburg. Sammy I stopped going for 10 years because I would run into people from the dragstrip that knew I worked there and wanted to complain about something there, spoiling mu vacation time. Now I'm out and free.

Tracker1 06-18-2016 01:32 AM

In my opinion, for what that's worth Verne, Ford and Mopar are brands that have an easier time coralling allegiance around their brands. In the muscle years, both had basically two brands within &quot;Mopar&quot; and &quot;Ford&quot; - Mercury being a &quot;little brother&quot; ,if you will, with only few offerings of a muscular nature.

The divisions within General Motors have super strong followings - Pontiac people are as passionate and, at times, anti-Chevy, as any Mopar nut. They've had years of great, organized shows under POCI, GTOAA, Trans-Am etc. to enjoy their brand. They don't need a GM show. Ditto Chevy, Buick and Olds people.

Hell, the Carlisle show used to host the Camaro Nationals - that was great! Think about that: one model, sold by one division of GM. (But they left Carlisle). Ever hear of a 'Cuda Nationals? Nope. It's the Mopar Nationals. So when one model of GM has a show with as many devotees as an entire Mopar show, well, you get the picture - there isn't any need for a &quot;GM Show&quot;. So nobody goes. 2 cents.

BJCHEV396 06-18-2016 02:01 AM

Good points Des!