The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - Canada (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Canada-sold COPO Chevelles (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176889)

jeffschevelle 10-03-2023 02:30 PM

Canada-sold COPO Chevelles

Is there a list of all the VINs of 1969 COPO Chevelles shipped to dealers in Canada? I have read there were 17 such cars, don't know if that is accurate or not.

I have come across a copy of a sheet listing a block of 14 1969 Chevelle Baltimore VIN's, which appears to be a page from a list of cars shipped to Canada. It has at least 8 COPOs on it (that I can read), all with 9566AA shown.

This may be something already out there and nothing new to the COPO folks. But thought I would ask if all the Canada-sold VINs are already known.

Thanks!

Ryan1969Chevelle 10-04-2023 08:52 PM

I know the owners of a handful of Canadian sold 1969 COPO Chevelles.

Fathom Green, Fathom Green, Fathom Green, Frost Green, Daytona Yellow, Garnet Red, LeMans Blue, Turquioise, this is just off the top of my head, I guess I know more than a handful.

I would like to help with this. You can send it to me or keep it back either way is fine with me.

Is it a micro phish from GM of Canada Vintage Vehicle Services?
(They used to sell that as part of the package)

I can also ask a couple ridiculously knowledgeable racers/dealer performance reps from back in the day. Belmont and Central (a lot went through them)

Ryan W31

Zedder 10-05-2023 12:46 AM

All I know is that one of those cars was rebodied in the 90’s. I have no idea which vin it is.

Ryan1969Chevelle 10-05-2023 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedder (Post 1633510)
All I know is that one of those cars was rebodied in the 90’s. I have no idea which vin it is.

Chevelle or Camaro?

I know of a few revisited Camaros but haven’t heard about a COPO Chevelle.

Ryan W31

Zedder 10-05-2023 12:54 AM

Absolutely sure as the fellow that did it told me himself. Everyone up here in the gta that was into these cars at that time knew the story on this one. I’m sure others here know the car. Sorry…Chevelle.

mrays 10-05-2023 01:30 AM

I have at least 15 known COPO Chevelles that were sold in Canada. I also have 7 additional VIN's that I have as Canadian sold with no dealer info whose whereabouts are unknown.

midyr 10-05-2023 12:18 PM

Canuck COPO Chevelles

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffschevelle (Post 1633377)
Is there a list of all the VINs of 1969 COPO Chevelles shipped to dealers in Canada? I have read there were 17 such cars, don't know if that is accurate or not.

I have come across a copy of a sheet listing a block of 14 1969 Chevelle Baltimore VIN's, which appears to be a page from a list of cars shipped to Canada. It has at least 8 COPOs on it (that I can read), all with 9566AA shown.

This may be something already out there and nothing new to the COPO folks. But thought I would ask if all the Canada-sold VINs are already known.

Thanks!

There were exactly 30 1969 COPO Chevelles sold new in Canada. I have complete data on all of them.

olredalert 10-05-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedder (Post 1633510)

----That particular COPO was orange, and the body switch was done on Cape Cod. I had a 67 435 Vette at the shop where the work got done and saw it several times. The original car was a serious rust bucket, and the owner used an SS Chevelle out of California. Much later that car ended up in the Chicago area. Don't know where it is today. I won't give any further info out on that on the sight....Bill S

Zedder 10-05-2023 03:19 PM

Nope...it wasn't Orange and it was rebodied in Canada. I won't say what color it was as I don't want to get into any pissing matches. I'm sure a number were rebodied as our cars were rusty as hell by the mid-70's!

Ryan1969Chevelle 10-05-2023 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midyr (Post 1633541)
There were exactly 30 1969 COPO Chevelles sold new in Canada. I have complete data on all of them.

I knew you were the right guy to ask!!!

If your ever looking for a place to offload high horsepower Canadiana info you know where I live :-)

Ryan W31