The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Oklahoma Tornado (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122769)

wheelhop 05-20-2013 11:21 PM

Oklahoma Tornado

Hopefully all of our members in Oklahoma are OK? Jackie, Lynn?

Xplantdad 05-20-2013 11:39 PM

Re: Oklahoma Tornado

I posted this on Team Chevelle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got through texting with Jacquie (they have no TV or cell service, just the availability to text). She's fine, the tornado passed 2 miles north. She said it was so big, she didn't even realize it was a tornado at first!

One of my relatives lives in the Moore neighborhood that took the direct hit. Their house is completely gone. Luckily, no one was at home.

I will keep people updated with what I hear... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jacquie's husband Glenn and daughter are okay as well. Daughter lives about 30 miles south. Glenn is trying to find his way home...can't go anywhere. Traffic is at at standstill. </div></div>

And lastly, where the tornado first touched down is REALLY close to where they live.

I am glad that my relatives weren't home.

Lynn 05-21-2013 12:10 AM

I just responded to a pm.

Here is my response:

Sad day. I fear lots of dead young ones before this is over. Approx 30 square miles of destruction.

Last night's tornado missed our house by about 1/4 mile. Wasn't much damage here in Edmond. Most happened as it tracked east. We were out of power for about 9 hours, but I cranked up the generator, so we were fine. We also have a safe room, so were in no physical danger.

We are watching the grandkids today (my son in in England right now) and I decided to stay home. We watched it unfold live, and couldn't believe the destruction.

Just heard from my cousin. Missed her son's house by one block. I have several friends in Moore, but so far, am unable to contact them. Most communications are out.
Thanks for the concern. Glad to hear Jacquie &amp; Glenn are OK.

Xplantdad 05-21-2013 12:13 AM

Good to hear that you are okay Lynn...I hate tornadoes!

Postsedan 05-21-2013 04:16 AM

I just text Jacquie, they are ok.....Life is Just NOT fair at times.....My heart goes out to all the people of Moore, OK.

Prayers sent.

Dan

Salvatore 05-21-2013 11:20 AM

yes horrible. we had a little family prayer devotion last nite for our friends and all the people of that area. Such destruction.

earntaz 05-21-2013 03:26 PM

All -- please keep the folks in Oklahoma in your prayers! The TAZ

whitetop 05-21-2013 03:50 PM

Life's problems we all face seem miniscule to what these people are facing. I can't even imagine losing family members, let alone my house etc .

SS427 05-21-2013 04:10 PM

The latest from Jacquie did not sound good when I checked on her friend's kids. MANY prayers are being sent to everyone there.