The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Day 2 stuff-modified cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   The Start of Project "Ratty Rat's" Metamorphis (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148678)

markinnaples 04-27-2018 03:29 PM

Can't wait to see how this goes, but already love the concept. Best of luck.

JKZ27 04-28-2018 01:21 PM

Good for you Bentley! Cool project, I'll be watching.

cook_dw 05-08-2018 12:02 PM

Great project. Glad to see these posted. Bentley has spent a great deal of time and effort into building this engine and shoveling away cool parts for this build. Upcoming photos should be very good. Congrats buddy.

HawkX66 05-08-2018 12:15 PM

Love it Bentley! I don't know how I missed this when you first posted.... Good luck!

bbbentley 05-09-2018 08:56 PM

Short Block All Buttoned Up

3 Attachment(s)
I finally have the bottom end and entire short block together. You may notice that I have an aftermarket SFI 8 inch balancer. You may also recall that I explained earlier that the PO lost the original balancer, so he said. I have several 8 in. factory balancers. Most are assigned to their original engine and I don't want to split them up from the engine they came with. The few other extra ones have severe hammer marks from using a sledge hammer to install BITD.
So, at a swap, back in the winter. this 8 in. gem presents itself. There will be a few items like this that are not technically "Day II", but I think this will be ok and hardly noticed. I did use the correct AOR timing cover, btw. The cam choice gave me more problems than I thought. I wanted something civil on the street. I did not want fouled plugs every other day. I also did not want detonation, so that meant bleeding off some "effective" compression. I also insisted on a solid lifter cam. It was finally decided that I would use my ZL1/ LS-7 cam. I may regret this choice. I also know better grinds are available. I wanted to use what I already had. So, this is the one and that is one less expense I will have. I bought a couple of other items at the swap and sold them for more than I gave for all I bought, so the balancer was free.
Last picture is a teaser- intake & carbs

L78M22Rag 05-09-2018 10:15 PM

Looking forward to following this build... I have all my shots, so this is my kinda car!

L_e_e 05-09-2018 11:13 PM

Cool build!!!
I have no regrets using an original GM 3959180 (9181) cam.
Much more power could of been made with a modern roller but I wanted a old school hard hitting solid cam that wasn't made of cheap material. Works well with Crower EDM lifters.

big gear head 05-10-2018 12:59 AM

That TR2X, :Can-I-Have-It:

bbbentley 05-10-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1400423)
That TR2X, :Can-I-Have-It:

Freddie, that came out of Winchester, Ky. When I bought it, it had 2 tops. One was a single 4. I don’t think anyone that builds a TR street car and looking to create “eye candy” would want a single 4 top, so I sold it to recoup some money.

big gear head 05-10-2018 12:23 PM

I had one of those back when I was about 18. I sold it with the 660s and linkage for about $250. I wish I had it now.