The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Which would you buy? OM L78 or NOM Z28 - 1967 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170650)

Zedder 02-04-2022 12:19 PM

Which would you buy? OM L78 or NOM Z28 - 1967

Thinking about options for my next car and wanted to do a quick poll to see what others think of 2 potential options. This is hypothetical at this point - no specific cars in mind (although a number of potential cars). Car one: 1967 Camaro L78 with original drivetrain. Car two: 1967 Camaro Z28 with non-original drivetrain, but correct components. Let's assume that both cars are verified as real, same docs, same price/value, good colors on both. Which would you buy?

YenkoYS-199Stinger 02-04-2022 12:32 PM

I money would go to buying the 67 Z28

Pat C 02-04-2022 12:41 PM

I’ve had them both, to me the L78 was way more fun from stoplight to stoplight!

Zedder 02-04-2022 12:51 PM

Does anyone know if there is an "ignore the troll" function on here somewhere? :)

Zedder 02-04-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedder (Post 1581148)
Does anyone know if there is an "ignore the troll" function on here somewhere? :)

Like I said...

Too Many Projects 02-04-2022 01:10 PM

That is a tough decision. I've coveted a real '67 Z for many years, but a real L78 car seems to be more difficult to come by. I did vote for the L78 as the torque of a big block is quite addictive.

Zedder 02-04-2022 01:33 PM

I'm not sure why the two guys above feel the need to attack me in my posts for thoughts that I shared in a previous thread. I don't know either of them and have had no dealings with either of them.

I like coming to this site because the majority of members are really great people - always helpful and supportive. Steve and the mods do a great job of keeping it that way. To that end, I would appreciate it if the two members I'm referring to would stay out of my threads going forward.

Anyway, here is the post that they are referring to. As you can see, I was commenting on the challenges that I am finding with old car ownership as I get older and the thought that if I do buy another old car, I would lean towards considering a driver quality car vs. a show quality car so I would feel more comfortable driving it around Toronto to my mechanic's shop vs having the expense of towing it.

I'd really like to hear other member's sincere thoughts on the question that I asked above. If you don't like me, my thinking, or my choice in cars, I have no problem with that. However, I ask that you simply ignore me and I will gladly reciprocate. No one here wants to read the childish digs.

"I sold my 67 Camaro this month, but it had nothing to do with the current bubble as it doesn’t appear to impact cars in Canada as much and I didn’t make any money on it. I’m turning 60 in a few months and I’m finding that I just don’t tolerate the hassles of old car ownership like I used to. Also, finding competent mechanics close by is a real challenge. One of our members worked on my car for me and was great to work with, but his shop is about an hour away in crappy Toronto traffic and a tow there cost $340 one way. I actually spent more money on tows than repairs in the 18 months that I owned it! I might drive a ‘driver’ quality car there, but I am too anal about a restored car to take the chance. This will clearly be a consideration with my next purchase, if I do make another. There is a Corvette shop about 10 minutes from my place, so I may go in that direction."

cook_dw 02-04-2022 01:38 PM

Good God man.. Lighten up its not an attack. I joke in many other threads to bring humor to the table.. What happen to the humor around here? It's Friday and just trying to lighten the mood..

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dluozjXh8XY/maxresdefault.jpg

Lee Stewart 02-04-2022 01:47 PM

Second choice. I'd want to drive it till the wheels fell off. I blow the engine - no problem. I can replace it. OEM drivetrain car - too valuable to thrash it.

NorCam 02-04-2022 01:59 PM

That post was sent as humor and it did not refer to any of your previous threads, so don't start letting it manifest into something other than the joke that it was. You really are a bit sensitive???

And now that you mention it yet again...if you're going to quibble about the costs of a mechanic or post how you have to endure deck truck charges in and around Toronto, maybe an L34 car would be a better match for you? Solid lifter cars do require constant maintenance including some home tuning skills, carburetor adjustments and they will require a periodic valve lash & lifter adjustments when tuning.

For you, that might mean sending out again on a deck truck because it needs a valve lash or because the float bowl gaskets are leaking fuel which they do.

Just saying...