The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   napa68 (Tim Schuetz) 1976 Trans Am! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156544)

Xplantdad 08-16-2019 01:37 AM

napa68 (Tim Schuetz) 1976 Trans Am!

22 Attachment(s)
Bruce,

This is a car I recently acquired.........

76 Trans Am I purchased from the original owner. He special ordered the car from Foster Pontiac in Milwaukee, WI.

47,000 original miles. 455 4 speed, 3.23 positraction, AC, power steering, power brakes, power locks, rear window defog, power trunk release, tinted windows, hood decal,console, etc.The car had been in heated storage since day one. It is speculated the back seat has not ever been sat in!

Original paint, original interior, original drive train, original window glass, space saver spare (and associated items). The original tail pipes and intermediate pipe have been retained. Even has the original pads, calipers, rotors, brake shoes and drums.

The car has most every piece of GM paperwork, insurance renewals, registration renewals, speeding tickets, emissions inspections. and receipts for additional parts and services performed through the years.

The car was parked in 1995 due to a double amputation of the

owners legs (diabetes). All the while, it was in climate controlled storage. The car was recently recommissioned by the original owner's nephew to prepare the car for sale.

The car has some Day 2 mods such as headers (still attached to the original converter) opening of the hood shaker, bigger sway bars, and upgraded stereo.

I finished the Day 2 theme with a set of American Racing 200S's that I have had since I was 15 years old.

Hope everyone enjoys!
Tim

Crush 08-16-2019 02:26 AM

Very kool!!!

m22mike 08-16-2019 11:17 AM

Looks very clean, neat car. :biggthumpup:

Mike

RPOLS3 08-16-2019 11:35 AM

Looks great Tim - another nice addition.

WILMASBOYL78 08-16-2019 12:36 PM

76 Firebird...

Very nice!!

I like the message on the factory paperwork about the spare tire...I remember that very well. I ordered a new 76 Malibu Classic and the car came with an 'IOU" for the spare tire. Must have been a strike or production issue back then that caused the problem.

Good luck with this great car.

-wilma

Burd 08-16-2019 01:31 PM

Very nice. You outta stop on my forum sometime. We’re all Bird nuts. Lol
BTW, I make a cat test pipe if you ever want to “test” your Cat on there.
Heading to the trans am Natz next week, looks like a few bits are missing, 2 big parters are there, if you need anything send me a PM.

markinnaples 08-16-2019 01:45 PM

Wow, that's really cool. My neighbor had the plain Firebird version of this Trans Am down the to the orange paint and white interior, but with a lo-po smogged 350. I bet that exhaust really cut down the improvement of those headers unfortunately. Congrats on getting such a beautiful survivor.

chevyandpontiac 08-16-2019 09:34 PM

Love it I have 76 455 4 speed in black I put mr gasket traction bars, western 200s wheels and full chrome hooker side pipes on mine. These car look awesome with those wheels..

muscle_collector 08-17-2019 01:14 AM

great car and amazing condition. its pretty funny the guy would go to the trouble to put headers on it and then leave the catalytic convertor and single exhaust on it.

TimG 08-17-2019 11:55 AM

Cool TA, Tim.

napa68 08-17-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 1459780)
great car and amazing condition. its pretty funny the guy would go to the trouble to put headers on it and then leave the catalytic convertor and single exhaust on it.

The receipt for the headers are from 1980. If memory serves me correct, the Wisconsin Vehicle Emissions program started in the early 90's. In order to renew your registration, a sniffer test along with a visual inspection was necessary. I remember them sliding a big mirror on wheels under the car to verify the converter was there.

Moving forward, I think I am going to have some pipes bent up for a true dual exhaust. I have found a good Day 2 muffler for the car. I just have to decide if I am going to keep the headers, or add the Ram Air exhaust manifolds. While the headers are a part of the history of the car, I dislike headers as a rule.

Xplantdad 08-17-2019 02:16 PM

Tim, thanks for sharing your cool Trans Am with us!! :beers:

Tracker1 08-18-2019 04:53 PM

I love '76 455 TAs, I've had 4 of 'em. Fun cars and that there is a really, really nice one.

David C. 08-22-2019 01:33 PM

Very nice car. Does anyone know what is attached to the floor with two wires going to it? Behind the transmission.

mockingbird812 08-22-2019 02:25 PM

Man Tim, that's a SWEET car. Love the color combo and originality. Four speed with A/C - HOLY MOLY! Have fun with it! Thanks for sharing!

napa68 08-22-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David C. (Post 1460411)
Very nice car. Does anyone know what is attached to the floor with two wires going to it? Behind the transmission.

The original owner added cruise control. Perhaps this was after the dandy speeding ticket he got in Utah (which I have the paperwork)

mockingbird812 08-22-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1460427)
The original owner added cruise control. Perhaps this was after the dandy speeding ticket he got in Utah (which I have the paperwork)

Do tell about the "dandy speeding ticket"!!

BJCHEV396 08-23-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1459820)
Tim, thanks for sharing your cool Trans Am with us!! :beers:

X2!!

Mgawin 08-28-2019 01:15 AM

Just got wind that this sold, this was a good friends car. Unfortunately the story you were told is inaccurate. The original owner was diagnosed with spinal bifida at a younger age, his condition progressed to a point at which he ultimately lost use of his legs. The person you purchased the vehicle from was not related to him, and sadly took advantage of a guy that was in a bad state at the time. The original owner loved that car, and would have never sold this vehicle had he known that the person you purchased from was just going to flip it right away. I’m saddened to know this happened, and to share this info, but at least you know the some of real story.

napa68 08-28-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgawin (Post 1461147)
Just got wind that this sold, this was a good friends car. Unfortunately the story you were told is inaccurate. The original owner was diagnosed with spinal bifida at a younger age, his condition progressed to a point at which he ultimately lost use of his legs. The person you purchased the vehicle from was not related to him, and sadly took advantage of a guy that was in a bad state at the time. The original owner loved that car, and would have never sold this vehicle had he known that the person you purchased from was just going to flip it right away. I’m saddened to know this happened, and to share this info, but at least you know the some of real story.

I am rather upset to find this out as well. The guy played the part rather well. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Tim

Woj 08-28-2019 01:20 PM

If what Mgawin states is true, that is unfortunate, but should be verified first. There are always two sides to every story. Unfortunately there are folks that will take advantage of anyone at anytime with no remorse.

I recently bought a low mile, one-owner 77 TA from original owner’s widow. She was more than ready to sell, but her signing the title over with tears in her eyes was not easy. I asked if she wanted to back out of the deal, but she said no and that it was the right thing to do. It took a few days to get over that, but I assured her it’s was going to a good home and that I would take care of the car just as her husband had. We have communicated a few times since and all is well.

Hopefully this news doesn’t sour the new ownership. It is a beautiful car and in good hands.

Phil W.

muscle_collector 08-28-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1461189)
I am rather upset to find this out as well. The guy played the part rather well. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Tim

I guess I will ask, you stated you bought this from the original owner. your quote was.

"The car was parked in 1995 due to a double amputation of the

owners legs (diabetes). "

was the guy you bought it from a double amputee?

napa68 08-28-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 1461200)
I guess I will ask, you stated you bought this from the original owner. your quote was.

"The car was parked in 1995 due to a double amputation of the

owners legs (diabetes). "

was the guy you bought it from a double amputee?

The "OO's nephew" as the OO's health was frail. The fellow even went so far as to video me loading the car telling the "uncle" his car was going to a good home. Irritates the sh#t out of me quite honestly if everything stated is true.

It's still a great car! I just hate being played and lied to. Not the first time..........nor the last.

napa68 08-31-2019 04:38 PM

After the wrench that got thrown into the story, I did have the good fortune of finding the "actual" original owner and talking to him today.

Certainly, he has some health issues that dictate what life hands out to him. Beyond that, we had a good 30 minute conversation that was very enjoyable. He explained a few things about the car, cleared up a couple of mysteries, and certainly made me feel better about the whole deal.

He is interested in what happens with the car and was very encouraging about preserving the car moving forward. We are going to stay in touch and I am going to try to visit him later in September.

As for the "Nephew of the original owner"..........karma is a bitch.

A special thanks to Mgawin. I appreciate you getting involved Mitch. My conversations with you have been very enjoyable as well.

I'll carry the story on in the Pontiac section. I have some cool plans ahead.

Tim

Xplantdad 08-31-2019 07:22 PM

Good to hear, Tim!:beers:

napa68 09-04-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mockingbird812 (Post 1460441)
Do tell about the "dandy speeding ticket"!!

Here are the copies of the ticket paperwork. Was the ticket "reduced" to 19 over? Coincidental............

The original ticket is rather faint as it is a carbon copy

https://i1043.photobucket.com/albums...psrjd5qz3k.jpg

mockingbird812 09-04-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1462053)
Here are the copies of the ticket paperwork. Was the ticket "reduced" to 19 over? Coincidental............

The original ticket is rather faint as it is a carbon copy

https://i1043.photobucket.com/albums...psrjd5qz3k.jpg

All documentation is GOOD documentation. It tells a story!!!! Thanks Tim!

dykstra 09-13-2019 12:11 PM

Way cool!