The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   MCACN Summer Event at the Gilmore Museum (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=171342)

bashton 04-02-2022 12:53 AM

MCACN Summer Event at the Gilmore Museum

For years now people have been asking us to Host an Outdoor summer event. I am pleased to announce we will be working with the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan to produce a really neat and fun event, Saturday, June 25.

For Immediate Release

All-New Summertime MCACN Muscle Car Meet Up
Set For Saturday, June 25th at Gilmore Car Museum

Michigan’s Gilmore Museum Introduces

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Summer Show

(Hickory Corners, Mich. / March 21, 2022) - The world’s premiere indoor muscle car show, and one of the world’s finest auto museums, have forged a partnership that will bring an unrivaled summertime celebration of American Muscle to the Michigan countryside. The MCACN Muscle Car Meet Up on the lawns of the Gilmore Car Museum, in Hickory Corners, Michigan, promises to be a “fun & casual midsummer meet up” and driving event for muscle and high-performance car owners. Intentionally, the show will not include rigorous and formal points-based judging, but instead “favorite pick” awards by both MCACN and Gilmore staff, a swap meet, live rock band, curated backroads driving tour routes, a live remote radio broadcast, and more.

The MCACN Muscle Car Meet Up will showcase classic American muscle cars from the 1960s and 70s, but is open to modern muscle like today’s high-performance Chevrolet Camaros, Ford Mustangs, and Dodge Challengers. Showcar registration will be $20, and will include vehicle entry, plus admission for its driver and one passenger. As a fundraising effort, 100% of the event’s showcar registration funds will be directed to construction of the planned midcentury-modern 1960s dealership building on the Gilmore campus, to house its new standalone Muscle Car Museum.

The central showfield of the Gilmore Car Museum campus will be reserved for a MCACN exhibit, and an exclusive “outdoor feature display space” for only MCACN-invited special and notable muscle cars, and their owners. It should serve as a unique and picturesque display opportunity on the Gilmore’s green lawns, surrounded by its towering red barns and classic 1941 diner.

Spectator access to the MCACN Muscle Car Meet Up will be included in standard daily admission to the museum on Saturday, June 25th ($16 Adults/Seniors; $11 Youth Ages 11-17; FREE Children Ages 10 and under; FREE Active Military).

“For muscle car owners, I can’t imagine a better spot for a summertime drive and outdoor car show than the beautiful Michigan countryside and spectacular Gilmore Car Museum – located midway between Chicago and Detroit,” said Bob Ashton, Managing Member of MCACN. “Our Gilmore community of car enthusiasts will be thrilled about this new collaboration, and deeply appreciative of MCACN’s commitment to help us fundraise to build our new Muscle Car Museum,” added Josh Russell, Executive Director of the Gilmore Car Museum.

MCACN Muscle Car Meet Up activities will run from 9am – 4pm ET on Saturday, June 25th, 2022. On that same day, general museum hours of operation run from 9am – 6pm ET.

Additional details will be announced on the website in the coming weeks. For online pre-registration of Muscle Cars participating in the show, visit: https://gilmorecarmuseum.org/events

For general museum questions or more information, visit www.GilmoreCarMuseum.org, call
(269) 671-5089 or email [email protected].

About Gilmore Car Museum

The world-renowned Gilmore Car Museum – North America’s largest auto museum with more than 400 vehicles on display -- is located midway between Chicago and Detroit, just 20 minutes north of Kalamazoo, or 45 minutes south of Grand Rapids. The museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to tell the history of America through the automobile. Learn more at GilmoreCarMuseum.org

About Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (MCACN)

MCACN is the world's largest all-indoor car show devoted to muscle cars, dealer-built supercars, and Corvettes. MCACN’s annual show at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, attracts more than 500 of the nation’s finest examples of American Muscle for featured display. It’s the ultimate gathering place for enthusiasts, young and old, who have a passion for horsepower. Plan to attend MCACN on November 19-20, 2022. Learn more at MCACN.com

If you have shown your car at MCACN, or plan on joining us this year, please consider being a part of our special display. Email me at [email protected] to pre-qualify. Of course, we are looking for the "best of the best" to represnt what the MCACN show is all about, with an emphasis on American Muscle and Corvettes of the 60's and 70's.

Hope you will consider joining us, with or without a car!

Bashton

hiperf69 04-02-2022 05:55 AM

Wow!!
Let me be one of the first to say;
Woke up at midnight and couldn’t go back to sleep and just read this.
Great idea and a long time coming.
Just think, MCACN and no snow!
Sounds like a great facility and I’m due to see the museum
so two birds at the same time.
Bob, I think you and your crew have done it again.
Not that I’m anybody but, count me in.
Somehow I will make time for this.
Joe

bashton 04-04-2022 10:51 PM

Well, the response has been pretty overwhelming!

We have people joining us from several states and Canada. Looks like we will be expanding the MCACN Special Display area!

Hope you will consider joining us, with or without a car.

Bashton

bashton 04-16-2022 01:21 PM

Due to popular demand and the outstanding response, we will be expanding our Cars of MCACN Special Display area!

If you would like to be a part of the special display, send pics and info to me at [email protected].

We have some really neat new additions, including a Premier Unveiling and a Funny Car "Cackle Fest" feature.

Thanks to all of you that officially signed up!

Bashton

napa68 04-16-2022 01:56 PM

That's awesome Bob! June is a busy month, but I've got to see if I can jam this in!

Too Many Projects 04-16-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1588519)
That's awesome Bob! June is a busy month, but I've got to see if I can jam this in!

Yes, this would be great, except we're on the wrong side of Chicago..:frown:
Fastest/safest route might be the Lake Express Ferry out of Milwaukee to Muskegon...:wink:

R68GTO 04-16-2022 03:31 PM

Same weekend as GM Carlisle. I already had my plans made for that event so will have to miss the Gilmore event.

bashton 04-26-2022 03:25 PM

Happy to announce that Brett Merryman will be joining us with his awesome Camaro to help us spread the word about our Vintage Certification program. As one of the founders of Vintage Cert, Brett will be on hand to cover all the bases regarding this truly outstanding program.

Bashton

Xplantdad 04-27-2022 01:59 AM

Awesome!!

bashton 05-11-2022 07:37 PM

G.M., Ford, Mopar, AMC and Studebaker will all be well represented!

Hope you will consider joining us. Remember, to be in the special designated MCACN display area you need to be pre-approved and then use the Gilmore Pre-registration link.

This is going to be alike a MCACN Mini Reunion!

Thanks;

Bashton