The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Rant (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159085)

Lynn 01-22-2020 11:23 PM

Rant

My pet peeves in no particular order:

Don’t type “advise” if you are asking for advice. Advise is a verb meaning “to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following.” Advice is a noun meaning “an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.” If you are asking for an opinion, you are asking for advice (rhymes with ice).

If you are afraid something may get lost, you are afraid you will lose it, NOT loose it.
Please don’t say: “I would rather do this then that.” What you MEAN is: “I would rather do this than that.”

Don’t ask me for the VIN number. The “N” in VIN stands for “number”, so when you ask for a VIN number, you are asking for the vehicle identification number number.

Don’t advertise your “reverse lock out rod” for sale unless it is for a true reverse lock out. The ignition interlock system on 69 and up cars does NOT lock out reverse. It locks you IN reverse. Hurst pioneered the true reverse lock out to keep drag racers from accidentally taking off in reverse at the drag strip and crashing into the car behind. I see “back drive” used a lot, and it may be technically correct. Don’t know what name GM, Ford and Chrysler gave it. I always called it the ignition reverse interlock. Now, if you want to get super technical, the DUI laws have pirated the term “ignition interlock” to describe an electronic device put on your car which disables starting until you blow into a portable breathalyzer. So, thanks to them, maybe it is better to just refer to it as a steering column lock. Whatever the hell it is, it ISN’T a reverse lock out.

Morons who tell me “age is an illusion.” I call BS. I don’t know about you, but what is happening to my body is NOT an illusion. I posted a couple years ago about my prostate cancer journey. Still doing great by the way. No complaints. But, NO question about it, if a man lives long enough, he will have prostate cancer. He may not die from it, but he will get it to some degree. Just depends on how aggressive it is you are deciding on your course of treatment. NOW, my trusted medical professionals tell me I need BOTH shoulder joints replaced (reverse total joint replacement on the left and traditional total joint replacement on the right). I have no cartilage in either shoulder. Bone on bone. Is that an illusion? Sure doesn’t feel like one. I put this off for as long as I could. I am going under the knife tomorrow for the left one (the one with bone spurs and loose pieces of bone floating around in the joint. I am hoping to have the right one done next October. George Bernard Shaw was right: Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.”

Racism. I hate it when whites are racist. I hate it when African Americans are racist. I hate it when Asian ae racist. I just don’t like racism. It costs us billions a year in lost productivity, perpetuates itself generation after generation, and, if we don’t get a handle on it, it will tear this country apart.

How are these guys NOT in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQSjV4DZ-Gg

One of the greatest rock songs of any era. It has been used in at least 19 movies and 13 TV shows. Love the line: “my soul has been psychedelicized ”. Yes, I know it is not a word.

Rant over

Billohio 01-22-2020 11:33 PM

I hope you have success with your surgery tomorrow Lynn. I agree 100% on the illusion on getting old!

m22mike 01-22-2020 11:58 PM

Take care Lynn, and keep us updated. Your going to do great

Mike

Steve Shauger 01-23-2020 12:58 AM

Thoughts are with and look forward to your progress.:3gears:

x77-69z28 01-23-2020 02:02 AM

Good luck Lynn. Keep us up to speed with your rehab.
Buddy

scuncio 01-23-2020 03:58 AM

Good luck, Lynn.

PeteLeathersac 01-23-2020 12:25 PM

'

Best to you w/ everything today Lynn!
:beers:
~ Pete

TimG 01-23-2020 12:43 PM

Lynn, good luck with surgery. Another is aggravating one is RPM's. Revolution Per Minutes?

SS427 01-23-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimG (Post 1480205)
Another is aggravating one is RPM's. Revolution Per Minutes?

Technically you are incorrect. ;) "Revolution Per Minutes" means that RPMs is a plural, has more than one. RPM's means that revolution per minute posses something. Sorry, I just had to. :cool2:

Stay on the right track Lynn. Stay healthy and good luck with the surgery.

dykstra 01-23-2020 01:04 PM

Good luck today Lynn.