The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Introducing........RAT’S NEST (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149308)

R68GTO 01-05-2020 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the manual steering box mostly cleaned up today - dated June 12. Also found what I believe to be an interesting assembly line thing. The bolts that hold the two-piece rotor together were different from one side of the car to the other.

32KZ 01-08-2020 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ref#189
Found my pic of the finished dustshields,,disreguard my steering box bolt markings,,old habit.

R68GTO 01-19-2020 08:04 PM

This one took a while.......

2 Attachment(s)
Finally wrapped up my radiator fin project. I think my needle nose hit every one of the 18,000+ fins on this critter:headbang: Original core just had a few pin holes that needed repaired. It was a good project to pick away at while I waited for the compressor to cool down or some paint to dry. Here's some before/after pics....

big gear head 01-19-2020 11:46 PM

Looks great.

32KZ 01-20-2020 11:41 PM

Wow! Nice job��
Straightened mine using toothpicks, was a little leary of the needle nose. Only leaks,after pressure testing were a few pinholes around the solder joint, top hose.

Looking good.

32KZ 01-21-2020 12:00 AM

Great job��

Used toothpicks for mine, was a little leary of needle nose. Gotta laugh, cause yea...tedious. Then you flip it over for the otherside. I lucked out and only found a few pinhole leaks around the solder, top hose.

Never leaked all the years it was in the car, but worth the time pressure checking prior to reassembly . If not,,guess how that turns out.

ZLP955 01-21-2020 08:42 AM

Looks awesome, nice job!

R68GTO 02-07-2020 11:16 PM

Front subframe update...

4 Attachment(s)
Got my front subframe back from a "bake" and bead blast session today. Turned out really nice and clean. Frame is in great shape with only minor pitting in a few places. Car should be getting some color on it in a few weeks. Won't be long and I can turn the ratchet the other direction and start putting this thing back together!:biggthumpup:

NorCam 02-08-2020 11:21 AM

It's looking really good. I always love the look of a freshly restored subframe when it's all going back together. Painting or powder coating the subframe? Body is looking close to having color.

KevinW 02-08-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R68GTO (Post 1457987)
Started working on the wiper motor today among other things. Anyone tell me how to decode this tag? Seems to be an original foil tag that is on the wiper motor housing. Covered in black paint...used some acetone to get to the printing.

I have been enjoying reading up on this find and built, very interesting! While I cannot offer any COPO specific I do have some knowledge on wiper motors :)

So the foil labels started coming out sometime in early 69. Prior to that part numbers were stamped on the motor end plate.

The top line is the part number 20043206 looks like a Buick Apollo or similar.
bottom line is Julian date 309 (beginning of Nov), single digit is the year (I guess 1976)
Last item 5A is a line or plant code.

For a non-RS car you want to find a 5045572 labeled motor. Luck!