The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Introducing........RAT’S NEST (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149308)

iluv69s 07-25-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker1 (Post 1407711)
Agreed.

I disagree... sounds good in theory, but I believe that very few would do that.

Jmho

bergy 07-25-2018 12:46 PM

I have negotiated an agreement with the seller for a future additional payment if I am able to document a rare car. I think that it's a good idea if you are paying a "maybe" price for a rare car. I've actually paid out on the agreement in the past.

To be honest, I really hate those stories of buyers who know for certain that a car is rare and valuable and proceed to rip off widows and other sellers who are not knowledgeable. However, I believe that it is fair to offer $50k for a car that has a future worth of $150k if the buyer is faced with a $100k restoration bill! Many people don't understand how expensive these restorations are - especially if rare parts are missing or damaged.

67BelAir427 07-26-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bergy (Post 1409174)
I have negotiated an agreement with the seller for a future additional payment if I am able to document a rare car. I think that it's a good idea if you are paying a "maybe" price for a rare car. I've actually paid out on the agreement in the past.

To be honest, I really hate those stories of buyers who know for certain that a car is rare and valuable and proceed to rip off widows and other sellers who are not knowledgeable. However, I believe that it is fair to offer $50k for a car that has a future worth of $150k if the buyer is faced with a $100k restoration bill! Many people don't understand how expensive these restorations are - especially if rare parts are missing or damaged.

Well said, I totally agree. The flip side of the " score of the century" should never be someone elses's loss. You should be commended for your honesty.

Copo_Cartel 07-29-2018 03:22 AM

It was great seeing this car at the supercar reunion this weekend .

PeteLeathersac 07-29-2018 05:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'

Here's a few old newspaper ads that may help w/ clues or more leads to follow.
The first 427 car in the 3'rd ad sounds promising also is the same car under the below Bryant ad but w/ more details.
May be worth asking the painter guy if anything rings a bell w/ him including AM/FM?
Congrats also kudos for your efforts and well deserved success so far!
:beers:
~ Pete

PeteLeathersac 07-29-2018 05:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'

~ Pete

PeteLeathersac 07-29-2018 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'

PeteLeathersac 07-29-2018 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'

Bottom of this 02/70 ad is the same Ph.# and car but last time offered, perhaps sold soon after?:hmmm:
~ Pete

R68GTO 07-29-2018 11:26 AM

Thanks for posting those ads Pete! The car's interior is all original except dash pad (replaced in early '80's due to tach mounting holes) and still retains its original am radio so those ads do not line up. The timing is about right as the 2nd owner bought the car in the spring of '70. OO only had the car about 6 months.

PeteLeathersac 07-29-2018 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'

I took another look and found this interesting Bryant Chev used car ad!
427 + 4-Spd. + Dealer location all fit perfectly but not the SS thing, emblem added or ad mistake?
Sorry if I missed this above but what does the painter pal know of where and what he paid?
Tough to see your tag build date too, please clarify as it can help w/ timelines/subject possibilities.
Keep rockin'!
~ Pete