The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Sold FS - our 1971 Chevy Blazer K5 on BaT (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169612)

MosportGreen66 11-10-2021 12:32 AM

FS - our 1971 Chevy Blazer K5 on BaT

Hi All,

We listed our K5 on Bring a Trailer. Link below with tons of pics and info. We put about 2k miles on this rig and spent a lot of time and effort getting it dialed in for the street! She turns heads like our rusty 69 Z.

LMK if I can answer any questions? It’s got killer paperwork too.

Thanks,
Dan

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-k5-blazer-19/

Lynn 11-10-2021 01:16 AM

Kudos to you for going no reserve.

Good luck. Looks great.

TimG 11-10-2021 01:59 AM

Very nice Blazer, Dan.

dykstra 11-10-2021 12:01 PM

Way cool! Love this truck. GLWTA

MosportGreen66 11-10-2021 01:13 PM

Thanks Gents! This thing is awesome. For anyone who has never owned a vintage truck (4x4 especially), it is a heck of a ride when they're well dialed in for street use. I'll never take it off road, just not my thing, so street use was important.

We put about 2k miles on it within the first 11 months of ownership. This will be a fun auction to watch at the end!

scuncio 11-10-2021 01:25 PM

Cool truck, tough to find one that isn't rotted to death.

67since67 11-10-2021 04:36 PM

That’s a dandy Dan, GLWS!!!!

BJCHEV396 11-10-2021 10:49 PM

Very nice Dan! GLWS!

MosportGreen66 11-11-2021 01:15 AM

Thanks guys! Much appreciated

southernfriedcj 11-15-2021 09:51 PM

Dan,

I posted this this morning(luckily it was still on my screen when I came home) but there must have been a glitch in the matrix.

The ad notes corrosion in the inner doors and lower left quarter panel. How much corrosion is there?

The ad notes cracking paint in several areas. Is this a paint issue or a body work/body filler issue?

The Blazer still have the SPID on the inner glove box door?

Is there much pitting underneath?

Any repairs to the frame?

What is the quality of the bodywork on the panels that were replaced?

Single wall top or double wall top?

Is the title available or is it sold on a registration?

How soon does the Blazer have to be shipped out(I have no room at the inn, hate to leave it outside.)?

Thanks, Jim

MosportGreen66 11-16-2021 02:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Jim, just seeing this now. Thanks for the questions.

FYI - Bring a Trailer writes the auction description and uses language they deem appropriate. While the majority of it is good, some of it is not muscle car/classic car specific - for example BaT wanted to use the term damper to describe a shock absorber. I was able to correct what I thought was most important... with that in mind:

Corrosion is found on the door where the vent window meets the window channel and on lower door. I took a number of pics from inside to show this. The paint is cracking on the driver's 1/4 and there is minor bubbling coming through on the 1/4 edge. I suspect this to be a bit of both - paint and body work issue. It was repainted by a prior owner and I wasn't given receipts, name of shop or pics unfortunately. The paint shines well but there are flaws. There are some waves in the body work and chips from use. It was done nicely but again, I don't have any proof of what was done and I cannot speak to what is under the paint. I did not buy this thing with 'show truck' in mind though. I bought it to drive it which is why I spent so much money getting the mechanics dialed in. This is a truck where another rock chip/paint scrape doesn't matter.

SPID pic now attached. It is a factory red/black/white top, 4x4, 4 speed with HD front seats.

The bottom side reflects a life long Northeast truck with some scale. There is undercoating on the majority of the bottom side which makes seeing the floors difficult. I don't see any frame repairs or evidence of serious accident. It tracks very straight. Lots of videos on BaT! The inner fenders, core support, and rocker boxes appear to be rust free.

Double wall top. NY State historical vehicles are sold on transferable registration only which this truck has. It is in my name. The truck is safely tucked away in my brother's shop and will remain inside for as long as it takes to get transportation scheduled. If more time is needed I'm sure we can work something out. I'll PM you my cell # should you have more questions.

Thanks,
Dan

jlbucky 11-17-2021 01:56 AM

This is just the condition I like. You can actually drive it and not feel guilty. I love the Blazer and I think you did well on the auction. The slots are great on it as well!

Oldss 11-18-2021 01:13 AM

Congrats on the sale!

southernfriedcj 11-18-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 (Post 1571322)
Hi Jim, just seeing this now.

Thanks Dan. Congratulations on the sale!

I had put in a place holder bid, but the Blazer went past my budget.

MosportGreen66 11-19-2021 01:12 PM

Here is a twist of events... the buyer came to the house and drove the Blazer. Loved it but didn't realize how much of a truck it was and decided not to complete the purchase. Nice guy who made an honest (expensive) mistake. I've reached out to BAT to take next steps. For now the Blazer will stay with us.

Dan

Too Many Projects 11-19-2021 01:57 PM

Well dang, would you/could you contact the next highest bidder and offer it to them, like on ebay ?

scuncio 11-19-2021 04:04 PM

Lame!! Sorry to hear this. People need to do their homework.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 (Post 1571703)
Here is a twist of events... the buyer came to the house and drove the Blazer. Loved it but didn't realize how much of a truck it was and decided not to complete the purchase. Nice guy who made an honest (expensive) mistake. I've reached out to BAT to take next steps. For now the Blazer will stay with us.

Dan

Crush 11-19-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1571709)
Well dang, would you/could you contact the next highest bidder and offer it to them, like on ebay ?

This typically what they do. You might have to stay on them but they will give you 2nd high bidder. They already made their 5% .

Too Many Projects 11-19-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 1571732)
This typically what they do. You might have to stay on them but they will give you 2nd high bidder. They already made their 5% .

I went to the auction, but couldn't find a way to follow the user names back to any contact info. Second highest bidder should have the cash. He's been busy buying and selling lately. Recently sold a '69 Z28 for 95K.

MosportGreen66 11-19-2021 08:11 PM

There is no direct communication with registered bidders unless a bidder asks a seller a question

southernfriedcj 11-19-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 (Post 1571703)
...didn't realize how much of a truck it was and decided not to complete the purchase.

What a load of crap.

He should have purchased the truck and then sold it.
He seemed flaky the way he was bidding.

MosportGreen66 01-10-2022 06:35 PM

The Blazer is sold and is going to a great home!

Thanks,
Dan