The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Clint Vickers 68z28kk (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=130254)

marxjunk 12-15-2014 10:49 PM

Clint Vickers 68z28kk

well..with heavy heart i hate to say Clint passed away last night Dec 14 at 9:30 pm.....in the arms of his family..his daughter said it was sad but a beautiful thing...

He was a great friend...my swap meet buddy...and i will miss him.

He had a light stroke, went thru rehab and before they could release him he developed problems. They released him to go home with no sound treatment.

I saw him on saturday and he recognized me and we sat for a bit...his green eyes still had that sparkle..

HE LOVED THIS SITE..its all he talked about...he was here as much as he could be...and would research and study like a mad man.

He had some people her he admired and they probably have no idea who he was

He really liked 427king...he was always amazed by the stuff he had

Really liked Bergy...thought he was a great guy..they talked on the phone a bit

he really enjoyed watching SuperNovaSS and his auctions we talked about him often

He liked Galveston

He talked about Charley Lillard a bunch too...

there are others but these names came up all the time..

he didnt have any super cars but he had some cool stuff Like

his MINT 68 Z28..real deal

A beautiful 69 SS396 Camaro coupe..low mile original..4 speed..red

2 alum head tri power corvette roadsters

An L78 68 Camaro SS convert, he bought from a well known collector that frequents this board

an L78 El Camino

a mint 67 SS350 camaro convert

and what he believed was a Dana Camaro...he ran into dead end after dead end but he was still researching...never confirmed it..but really believed it.

A Henry J he raced in 69...it was a hillborn injected small block...straight axle, 12 spoke Magnesium Americans that where spindle mount..and on and on....life came along and he sold the car..only to buy it back later in life...he had his mind on restoring the car...this summer i know he made 4 trips to buy parts and dragged a set of fenders around a swap meet here till he could barely walk..he was so excited..he had it in his mind he had to have them...and of course parked a mile away..at 70 he was still very healthy..i was always amused how excited he would get buying stuff...he was like a big kid at CHristmas..i mean excited and happy, sometimes he'd jump around on his tippy-toes he was so excited..

His family is hanging on to his cars because they where so special and important to him..he was a Chevy guy for sure and loved the chase and game of cars and parts...

He was a genuine..happy..down to earth guy that never really bragged about anything he had...real salt of the earth guy

I miss him already..

68l30 12-15-2014 11:22 PM

Re: Clint Vickers 68z28kk

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

BIG

leach 12-16-2014 12:08 AM

My prayers to his family and friends GOD Bless [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Astock 12-16-2014 01:53 AM

Clint sounded like a great guy...rest in peace.

Xplantdad 12-16-2014 02:04 AM

Oh my...so sorry to hear. We lost another one of the good guys. Mark, let his family know that we'll be saying prayers for them...

PxTx 12-16-2014 02:44 AM

Sucks loosing buddies. I will have you all in my prayers.

x77-69z28 12-16-2014 02:49 AM

RIP. Condolences to his family. My prayers are with them. How old was Clint?

scuncio 12-16-2014 03:04 AM

That is just horrible. RIP and Godspeed.

marxjunk 12-16-2014 03:23 AM

He Just turned 70..as bad as it sounds, Clint lived a great life..he told me he was proud of his children..they turned out better than he could have ever hoped...he got to do just about everything he wanted to do, and had more than he needed...he died at home with his family there, and was in no pain...he didnt linger on and on..he was gone in 2 weeks...

Charley Lillard 12-16-2014 01:36 PM

I'm very sorry to hear of his passing but I'm really glad he got enjoyment out of this site. Hearing how much he enjoyed it here makes all the stuff I have to deal with worthwhile so thanks again for posting and may he rest in peace. It seems more of us are passing lately and I guess that is partly because the site has been going long enough that we are getting old together. Enjoy life while you can everybody.