The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   69 Trans Am Convertible at Mecum, VALUE? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109376)

musclecar fan 03-15-2010 10:23 PM

69 Trans Am Convertible at Mecum, VALUE?

There's a 1 of 8 69 Trans Am convertible coming up at Mecum in a couple months. What do you think this car is worth?

Thanks

JIM 03-15-2010 10:42 PM

Re: 69 Trans Am Convertible at Mecum, VALUE?

Alot !!!! the last one to sell was in the 7 digits but it was a RAIV!!!!
Jim

StealthBird 03-15-2010 11:08 PM

There's been a lot discussion about this car on the Pontiac sites. Just a note: all the convertible 69 Trans Am's were Ram Air cars, no RAIV ragtop T/A's were built. The last convertible Trans Am sold for over $1 million, which is why this make/model appeared in Colin Comer's "Million Dollar Muscle" book. This particular Trans Am going through Mecum was appraised at over $1 million at a show last summer (which Dana Mecum also attended), but in this economy, I'm not sure it's a good time to sell. I would be surprised if it sold for more than $500K, but you never know. These cars appear so infrequently, it may bid to over $1 million.

RM Schimel 03-15-2010 11:33 PM

I would speculate it’s a million-dollar auto regardless of the state of economy due to its rarity… but only time will tell. RM

musclecar fan 03-16-2010 12:59 AM

I saw an interview where Dana said he thought it might go as high as $250K. Not sure why only $250K.....

markjohnson 03-16-2010 01:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that the last '69 T/A convert. that sold at auction was a White interior car, I don't know the tranny. Could you imagine the value of a 1969 Trans Am convertible Ram Air IV 4-speed car if somebody would have had the foresight to order such a car? It could possibly be a SEVERAL million dollar car equal to the Hemi Cuda convertibles! But since such a machine does not exist, I would have to put C-Lil's particular car probably at the top of the list. That beautiful Blue interior and a 4-speed really set that car off! It's really stunning. How can you compare that to, for example, a black interior Automatic car?

quick-bowtie 03-16-2010 02:18 AM

My guess would be around 600k the market does have an effect some what no matter what the car unless there are 2 guys that cant live with one it and its the only one available. I know of a guy looking for one and he has the dough to buy so will see if he steps up to the plate.

Although Mecum is bar none the best place to sell a rare muscle car I would think the car would bring alot more in a private sale.. Just look at Dave C's old cars that sold last year and the money that has been offered privatley for them. JMO

SIR-VIVOR 03-16-2010 02:53 AM

From what I gather this is going to be an auction with many rare Pontiacs including this one. You never know what can happen if someone wants something bad enough. Easier to make more money than find another probably.

70 Forest Green Zee 03-16-2010 03:24 AM

I know Robert Lozins and I have seen this car and it is very very nice! This car has blue interior and was on display at the MCACN show this past fall. Robert doesn't seem to need the money, and this car is the keystone of his collection of rare Pontiacs so I'm guessing that the reserve will be so high that it will not sell. Could be just a promo ploy to attract more people to come to Dana;s spring auction.

SIR-VIVOR 03-16-2010 03:45 AM

I grew up with Robert. The reserve might be high, but Robert is definately on a low-car diet with some significant cars he's had for many years. No promo ploy, really for sale.