The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   They're still out there (COPO) hiding in plain sight. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152550)

Fast67VelleN2O 12-24-2018 05:23 PM

They're still out there (COPO) hiding in plain sight.

9 Attachment(s)
My buddy just snagged this 1969 COPO. Car was sitting on a side street in Philly for almost 3 weeks with no takers. He bought it just thinking it was a standard old Camaro race car until a closer inspection revealed what it really was. Before the orange paint, car was painted red white and blue and was called the "Northeast Gutter Slut". We are trying to find old pictures and history of this car. Car ran at Atco and on the streets of Philly for many years. Any help is appreciated.

-Matt

Fast67VelleN2O 12-24-2018 05:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
More pics.

Steve Shauger 12-24-2018 05:48 PM

Wow, an amazing find. Congratulations and what a fantastic Christmas present . Wonder what dealership it sold at I'd send off for that info immediately. ..:beers:

chevyman0429 12-24-2018 06:04 PM

Wow talk about hitting the mother load! Any chance the original drive trains still with the car? Not knowing camaro all that well what’s the sure sign that it’s a copo! I know the BE is pretty significant but what’s the other signs?

Xplantdad 12-24-2018 06:12 PM

How cool is that!! Congrats....:beers:

Fast67VelleN2O 12-24-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman0429 (Post 1427680)
Wow talk about hitting the mother load! Any chance the original drive trains still with the car? Not knowing camaro all that well what’s the sure sign that it’s a copo! I know the BE is pretty significant but what’s the other signs?

Engine and transmission are not original to the car. Car was a factory 4 speed. The BE rear, factory cowl induction X44 D80 car, brake block, exhaust bracket, and a few other small tell tale signs make it what it is.

jer 12-24-2018 08:30 PM

Barn find plewey!! How about side-street find!!
I'd be oh so tempted to just clean that up a little, get it mechanically sound and have some fun. When are you gonna get the chance to run around in a real COPO and not be gunshy? Fun fun fun!
I thought about googling "northeast gutter slut" but was a little afraid where it'd take me.

Copo_Cartel 12-24-2018 08:53 PM

I had already received photos of the car from a potential buyer and the asking price was 50k...seeing what that car needs and what it will cost to restore without Motor, Transmission and Documentation...you will be upside down when it comes to value...post restoration.

scuncio 12-24-2018 10:35 PM

Cool find, I would be sending off the NCRS dealer query, might get you somewhere. Did Rob find this?

Fast67VelleN2O 12-24-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuncio (Post 1427729)
Cool find, I would be sending off the NCRS dealer query, might get you somewhere. Did Rob find this?

No, my buddy John did.

-Matt