The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Scr 25 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170198)

ORIGLS6 12-29-2021 08:00 PM

Scr 25

1 Attachment(s)
IT'S OFFICIAL: SCR25 IS ON!

Dates and venues are locked in and we're excited. Tentative schedule as in years past:

Race Day at BEECH BEND RACEWAY on Friday, July 22nd followed by the Banquet with the SuperCars at the National Corvette Museum on Friday evening, then the Indoor/Outdoor Show on Saturday, July 23rd at the National Corvette Museum.

Host Hotel will again be the Holiday Inn University Plaza with the Meat 'n Greet on Thursday evening in the Paddock Area adjacent to the Hotel. Booking information and discount codes will be posted here as soon as the hotel notifies us.

Circle your calendars; make your vacation plans and we look forward to seeing EVERYONE again in Beautiful Bowling Green, KY!

Too Many Projects 12-29-2021 11:22 PM

I don't have a 2022 calendar yet...https://www.yenko.net/forum/cache.ph...%2FRunaway.gif

Are there going to be Supercar calendars again ?

big gear head 12-30-2021 01:36 AM

Got it marked on my calendar!

livettes 12-31-2021 02:04 PM

This is going to be a great event. We have some special things planned for the 25th SuperCar Reunion! We would love to see some of the people that attended in the early years join us again!
Jamie

Copo_Cartel 01-05-2022 11:09 PM

Our banquet ladies are returning. Green River Catering will be offering all the same great food that we had last year. Yummy !!!!

HuggerSS 01-05-2022 11:55 PM

Looking forward to it!

ORIGLS6 01-11-2022 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel (Post 1577503)
Green River Catering will be offering all the same great food that we had last year. Yummy !!!!

Actually it won't be "THE SAME FOOD THAT WE HAD LAST YEAR", .... 'cause it'd be like a year old by then, ......... but, you know. :naughty: :blush: :naughty:

Too Many Projects 01-11-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORIGLS6 (Post 1578151)
Actually it won't be "THE SAME FOOD THAT WE HAD LAST YEAR", .... 'cause it'd be like a year old by then, ......... but, you know. :naughty: :blush: :naughty:

Aw, comon, I was looking forward to that long term marinating process...;)
The dinner was very good last year.:biggthumpup:

Copo_Cartel 01-11-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1578175)
Aw, comon, I was looking forward to that long term marinating process...;)
The dinner was very good last year.:biggthumpup:

Lol

ORIGLS6 02-03-2022 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Official Registration Form and Host Hotel Information.

Holiday Inn University Plaza , Bowling Green KY 270-745-0088

This is the same location that we’ve had for several years with plenty of parking and local shopping and dining very close.
As in the past, we will provide security overnight for our trailer/car corral on Thursday and Friday nights.
The special rate code that you must use is: SCR.

The dates for special rates are Wednesday July 20th—Sunday July 24th

You CANNOT use a smart phone to book your rooms.

Rates are as follows : Per room, per night with no minimum.
King Bed $122 plus tax
2 Queen Beds $142 plus tax

The promotional rate is only good thru Wednesday, June 15th 2022.

Our contact on site is Jade Mosgrove.

Please book early and avoid last minute delays.

We look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s SCR25.
There will be magazine coverage on hand during the event.

Event Schedule as follows :

Thursday 6 pm —9 pm: “Meat”and Greet Car-B-Q in the trailer/car corral provided by Jason Ball of JMB BBQ.

Friday 8 am —3:30 pm: Drag Racing at the Historic Beech Bend Raceway.
4 pm — 5:30 pm: Load cars into the Corvette Museum.
6 pm: Banquet Happy Hour with cash bar.
7 pm: Banquet begins with Buffet Dinner from Green River Catering
During the banquet we will have door prize giveaways and our “SCR HONOREE AWARD”
Banquet will conclude at 11 pm.

Saturday car show at the Corvette Museum 8 am — 3 pm. And SCR 25 concludes at this time.

There will be plenty of trailer parking at the Hotel and Corvette Museum.

ORIGLS6 02-03-2022 08:12 PM

Click below for a Direct Link to the Holiday Inn University Plaza and the SCR Discount:

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel...&icdv=99801505

Copo_Cartel 02-03-2022 09:59 PM

Thank you Dennis. We are please to invite everyone to our 25th year of memories and friendships. As you and your family join us we want to make it memorable. Thanks for making us a part of your summer.

Too Many Projects 02-16-2022 07:45 PM

Got the room booked. Need to print the registration and get it mailed.

big gear head 02-16-2022 10:48 PM

Mitch did you get the windshield installed for this year?

Too Many Projects 02-16-2022 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1582704)
Mitch did you get the windshield installed for this year?

Not YET !! It will be before July. I thought I had a guy set up to sand and repaint the interior over winter and he went and bought a motor home and I haven't heard from him for 4 months...:tongue:
If all else fails, I'll install the front and back glass with 3m rope and drive it the way it is. Been done before around here.
You planning to bring the Camaro ?

big gear head 03-01-2022 05:18 PM

The Supercar reunion is in the April issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines.

Copo_Cartel 03-01-2022 07:50 PM

Coolio

cook_dw 03-07-2022 07:48 PM

Sounds like it'll be a fun event this year. You guys have fun!

Copo_Cartel 03-08-2022 10:19 AM

Try to come up if you can and have fun with everyone I’m sure all the old time Drag Racer’s will be there

cook_dw 03-08-2022 12:58 PM

Sounds like its gonna be another great event. You guys have fun!

big gear head 03-09-2022 12:37 AM

I should have mentioned it a few months ago, but my friend Donnie Whitmer that was at SCR last year in the blue '69 Chevelle SS lost his house and almost everything he owned in the tornado on Dec 10th. The Chevelle survived, but that's just about the only thing that did. He and his wife were fine. A picture of Donnie's Chevelle is in Hemmings Muscle Machines.

Too Many Projects 03-09-2022 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1584858)
I should have mentioned it a few months ago, but my friend Donnie Whitmer that was at SCR last year in the blue '69 Chevelle SS lost his house and almost everything he owned in the tornado on Dec 10th. The Chevelle survived, but that's just about the only thing that did. He and his wife were fine. A picture of Donnie's Chevelle is in Hemmings Muscle Machines.

Well, DAMN, sorry to read this, Freddie. How are they doing with getting back on their feet ? Is their house being rebuilt ?

big gear head 03-09-2022 10:02 AM

I haven't talked to him since the tornado went though. I'm sure he's been busy. I haven't noticed any houses being built in the area. Some are still trying to clean up. I spend a couple of days there with my chainsaw cutting up trees so they could be cleared, but it looks like work has slowed down a lot lately.

livettes 03-09-2022 07:55 PM

Anything we can do to help?
Jamie

big gear head 03-09-2022 09:39 PM

I don't know Jamie. I've been meaning to ask him if he needed anything, but I've been busy with my divorce, moving and other stuff and I haven't got around to talking to him. I'll try to talk to him soon and see how he's doing. I'd like to get his Chevelle in my shop and do something to fix that horrible wheel hop that was causing him so much trouble at Beech Bend. He was also having problems keeping the belts on it.

ORIGLS6 05-24-2022 03:48 AM

REMINDER !

The discounted SCR 25 Registration Rate expires on June 1st.
And the discounted Room Rate expires on June 15th.

With the insane fuel prices we're all dealing with every penny counts, so PLEASE take advantage of the available discounts while you can.

Also, we'd like to let you know we have a special treat for every car entered this year. We have a one-of-a-kind commemorative SCR25 "item" that will be placed in every car Registered.

These items are being produced as we write this and we'll post a photo as soon as we receive them. We think they're pretty cool, and something we've never offered before.

Here's the Hotel info again:
Holiday Inn University Plaza , Bowling Green KY 270-745-0088

The special rate code that you must use is: SCR.

The dates for special rates are Wednesday July 20th—Sunday July 24th

You CANNOT use a smart phone to book your rooms.

Rates are as follows : Per room, per night with no minimum.

King Bed $122 plus tax

2 Queen Beds $142 plus tax

The promotional rate is only good thru Wednesday, June 15th 2022.

Our contact on site is Jade Mosgrove.

Please book early and avoid last minute delays.

Too Many Projects 05-24-2022 03:53 AM

I found my registration I had set aside a "while" ago under a mound of paperwork on my desk last week and sent it in. Hopefully you have it soon.
Hotel has been reserved for months...:biggthumpup:

big gear head 05-24-2022 09:46 AM

My registration has been sent and I got a room for Friday night this time, so I don't have to drive home each day. The room is probably about the same cost as the gas it would take to drive my truck home and back again.

Too Many Projects 05-24-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1591579)
My registration has been sent and I got a room for Friday night this time, so I don't have to drive home each day. The room is probably about the same cost as the gas it would take to drive my truck home and back again.

I hear ya there. Already been to Kansas and then New Mexico with the truck last month. 65 mph max gets me ~12.5.

Copo_Cartel 05-25-2022 10:28 AM

We hope to get there in the early afternoon and enjoy the Jason Ball free barbecue

livettes 06-23-2022 02:29 PM

One month until SCR 25!!!!

Too Many Projects 06-24-2022 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livettes (Post 1593962)
One month until SCR 25!!!!

Wow, someone I know needs to get his poop together and get started on his '66 Chevelle....:frown:

big gear head 06-24-2022 11:00 AM

I'm planning on getting mine running over the weekend.

Copo_Cartel 06-24-2022 12:53 PM

Our 25th is getting closer. I confirmed all details with the caterer and we are good to go with the same great food as last year.

Too Many Projects 06-27-2022 02:03 AM

I was gone for 3 days to attend the inaugural MCACN summer show, picking up another NOS fender for the Camaro and then getting my butt home from 800 miles away, so nothing this weekend. I'm going to get the Chevelle out of winter storage tomorrow and bring up to the front shop. Gonna start sanding on the A pillars and try to re-spray them soon. If they look like heck this time, I'll only have myself to blame and put the danged thing together.

Alss 06-27-2022 10:40 PM

I'm ready..just need to find a set of drag radials!!

livettes 06-30-2022 07:52 PM

Glad you are going to make it Al. Look forward to seeing you!
Jamie

Steve Shauger 07-03-2022 05:20 PM

Looks to be another amazing event.

Too Many Projects 07-04-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shauger (Post 1594803)
Looks to be another amazing event.

You coming out this year ?? Just fly out and enjoy the camaraderie with the guys on here, if you don't want to thrash on a classic muscle car...:biggthumpup:

Steve Shauger 07-04-2022 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1594857)
You coming out this year ?? Just fly out and enjoy the camaraderie with the guys on here, if you don't want to thrash on a classic muscle car...:biggthumpup:

For the past several years our family vacation coincides with this event, but next year my goal is to attend this fantastic event!!