The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Misc. Dealers (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Fencl Tufo and Brigance Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69935)

Stefano 10-30-2001 04:54 AM

Fencl Tufo and Brigance Chevrolet

These Chicago/area dealers sold many HI-PO chevys. I have seen Super Sports and L-78 cars. Anyone know of any COPO cars?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 10-30-2001 12:49 PM

Re: Fencil Tuffo and Berganse Chevrolet

Stefano;
Fencl Tufo sold at least 6 Yenko Deuce Novas, of which 4 are accounted for. Fencl sold at least one each of the three special colors; Huggar Orange, Sunflower Yellow, and Citrus Green cars. In addition to those three they sold a Gobi Beige, Forest Green and Cranberry Red Yenko Deuce's. The Citrus Green car can be seen on this board under the 'vintage photos' section, it has not been found.

I am not aware of any Supercars being sold at Berganse.
M

sixtiesmuscle 10-30-2001 12:55 PM

There was a Brigance Chevrolet. Is that the one refered to?

Mr70 10-30-2001 01:02 PM

Fencl-Tufo in Glendale Heights,Your Monster Dealer!
I remember those corny commercials in the late 70's.Using Monster puppets on TV.
I was constantly over their in High School where I bought my 1972 SS Chevelle.Those guys were nuts over there.They would do anything Hi-po that a customer wanted.Cash was king.
I have never heard of Berganse Chevrolet.Where were they?

Belair62 10-30-2001 08:49 PM

That was Brigance Chevrolet.....were the heck were they ? Fencl also did an Elvis thing in their ads...Mancuso Chevrolet was also a pretty big dealer in the area and sold some hi-po stuff.A friend in High School had what I remember as a 1970 LT-1 Nova SS in Astro blue or whatever name they used for that color on Novas. I haven't seen him in years so I cant verify if it was a 70 or 71.

[Edited by Belair62 (10-30-2001 at 03:49 PM).]

sixtiesmuscle 10-30-2001 08:53 PM

Brigance was in Oak Park. IL., I think.

Belair62 10-30-2001 10:54 PM

Thanks sixties.I think you may have a year or 2 on me.You probably went down to Oak Park to look at cars AFTER you had a juicy Talian beef sangwich wit peppersh over der by Johnnies on Nort Avenue wit all dose guyz.

Stefano 10-31-2001 12:22 AM

I am not certain as to the spelling. We are discussing the same dealership. I believe it was within the Chicago City limits. The neighborhood definately had an Italian flair, to say the least.

Does any one remember the 'Mr. Ed' advs., for all your hi-po needs? Mr. Ed handled all the "special orders". These orders also included any COPO orders.

According to Mr. Ed he ordered more than a few COPO Camaros, Chevelles and Novas.

Mr. Ed is a very successful Chevrolet Dealer today.

Steven J 10-31-2001 12:36 AM

I was just at Johnnies last week. Make sure that you don't hold the door open while waiting in line or he'll yell at you !

Belair62 10-31-2001 01:34 AM

Which guy the skinny guy ? He is something else...try Frannies on River just north of Irving..I think they may even be better...Stefano...what dealer is Mr.Ed's now ? I dont remember the commercials but I remember seeing a lot of trunk stickers with Brigance on them.

[Edited by Belair62 (10-30-2001 at 08:34 PM).]