The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Parts value?? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153957)

Tdr3155 03-14-2019 04:32 PM

Parts value??

I have a bunch original GM Camaro parts I am selling for my dad, what is the best way to value this stuff? I'm not looking to get rich just want a fair price. I would love to sell it to someone who will use it rather than someone who will mark it up and resell it....but either way I have:
67 Holley 3910 762 date
67 pace car 12 bolt housing with traction bar (square bar)
Two 67 375/396 intakes one really nice the other has been worked on internally.
70 muncie 4 speed from a SS Nova I believe an M20
67 pace car front brake assemblys calipers, rotors and spindles
69 COPO front brake rotors and calipers that are in excellent shape.
That's what I have gotten out so far, all are surviver parts in original condition, not restored. if I can price this stuff I will list in the parts for sale section on here. I have searched Ebay for this stuff but cant find most of it and some things I have found seem like unrealistic prices.

COPO 03-14-2019 04:41 PM

Perhaps an ebay auction with a low starting price and the market will decide the value.

the427king 03-14-2019 04:42 PM

Carb is worth 1500 or more rear 2000 or much more depending on ratio. intakes 200 or so 4 speed 650-700 67 brakes 500 to 600 69 brakes 300 .... good luck !

Tdr3155 03-14-2019 04:52 PM

Thank you! 12 bolt is bare housing but has the traction bar still bolted on and the piece out of the floor of the car is with it.

WILMASBOYL78 03-14-2019 10:19 PM

parts for sale

Pm sent...

Copo_Cartel 03-15-2019 01:01 AM

Let’s just say...there are parts guys out there on THIS site that want to resell your parts ....do your homework before getting taken advantage of...I see it all the time ...no one sticks up for the little guy. I am not interested in the parts but want to explain to you ...don’t get taken advantage of...I am sure this post will be deleted ...so I will screen shot it. I believe in doing the right honest thing.

the427king 03-15-2019 05:35 AM

Did you ever sell the smog system? https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthre...=153202&page=2

MosportGreen66 03-15-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel (Post 1439591)
Let’s just say...there are parts guys out there on THIS site that want to resell your parts ....do your homework before getting taken advantage of...I see it all the time ...no one sticks up for the little guy. I am not interested in the parts but want to explain to you ...don’t get taken advantage of...I am sure this post will be deleted ...so I will screen shot it. I believe in doing the right honest thing.

I'm not doubting what you're saying here and I do agree - but sometimes that is OK with the seller and no one is taken advantage of. Offering a lot size price to buy everything in 1 shot is not always a hostile take over situation.

Dan

WILMASBOYL78 03-15-2019 01:15 PM

parts for sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel (Post 1439591)

Asking for help on pricing/value is a good idea...I have seen on this site a number of times. Everyone wants to get a good deal...but's it's only a 'good deal' if both sides are happy :laugh:

I sent him a PM about the M20 trans with the Nova VIN...I know there are folks who might like to find the original trans for their car...I would like to help make that connection if possible.

-wilma

the427king 03-15-2019 04:28 PM

Had this been a supercar for sale thread instead of parts with no price ,there would be a swarm of people en route to the sellers address looking for every clue as to where the seller lived , what tree was in the pics and whos neighborhood it was... We are to believe that these potential buyers are all trying to get there first simply so they can ensure the seller doesnt get taken advantage of by the next guy. They will then tell him what top dollar is, and then give it to him