The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Yenko Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Yenko Duece (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69767)

Dan 68 Chevy II 07-07-2001 12:17 PM

Yenko Duece

Marlin,Did you smoke the tires leaving Ottsville Pa last nite? I did,couldn't resist,no law enforcement to be found.Nice car and it was nice meeting and talking to you.By the way someone put a note on my Nova's dash to call them about a certain supercar dealer we talked about,did you send them over?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 07-09-2001 01:20 PM

Re: Yenko Duece

Dan;
As much as I wanted to 'leave sideways' from Pryuski's Ice Cream stand on Friday night, my better judgement prevailed. Although I did not see any State Troopers either, my car is pretty fresh out of the wrapper, ie; no license plates, no registration, no insurance, and my wife, (6 months pregnant), was riding next to me. No showing off with that risky combination!! I unloaded/reloaded at the elementary school a couple of hundred yards down the road, and scooted back to Perkasie, PA.

I think the guy who left the note was Paul Tholey, 'pxtx' on this site. He has particular interest in those old Nova's.

I was surprised to see BB members at such a small cruise-in! I was even more surprised that so many people actually knew what a Yenko was. Fun time.
Marlin

68l30 07-09-2001 04:15 PM

Marlin,shame on you!Insure your car even if it is not to be driven.I hate to preach,but I just witnesssd a 20k 69 Z/28 get hit head on while sitting PARKED in a turning lane waiting for traffic to break.I would hate to see anyone get stuck with a loss for any reason.

Steve

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 07-09-2001 06:58 PM

Steve,
I understand your point, and it's a good one. I am in the process of getting the appraisal, then insurance, ect..... I have trailered it to the two events we have attended so far, but I am 'running between the raindrops' so to speak. It wont' come back out until it's insured, tagged, and registered.

I have not been able to resist driving it around the neighborhood a few times, and one good 45 foot burnout - makes up for the 5.5 years of work!!
Thanks, good advice,
Marlin

Kurt S 07-09-2001 07:46 PM

Even if the car is in a garage, it should have comprehensive on it to cover it if something should happen to the garage.
Heck, my work in progress was in the garage when a hail storm came thru. Major damage to the cars and house. The Camaro was fine, but the comp covered the couple of parts I had sitting outside.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 07-09-2001 08:03 PM

Kurt;
I agree, the policy that I'm getting will be a 'stated value' policy, and it requires a licensed appraisal, photos of the car, photos of the garage, ect.... After doing a fair amount of research, and shopping around, I decided to go with Parish Heacock Insurance out of Burns, TN. I'm hoping for a smooth process, all the way to the Antique License Plate from PA - ha!
M

Dan 68 Chevy II 07-09-2001 11:35 PM

Marlin,
You might want to get a quote from Albright Insurance in Robesonia Pa.They use Hagerty Insurance for classic cars,with no limit on miles you drive. They currently insure my 68 Chevy II Nova ss 396 car that you saw.I gave all the receipts to them and what I paid for the car and they insured for that,no appraisal needed but they would take if you have one.By the way no deductable either.If interested call 610-693-6621 and ask for Jodie,she's who wrote my policy.Get insurance and lay some rubber with your Yenko,they to be cleaned out periodicaly. Happy Motoring

dinograz 07-09-2001 11:47 PM

Be careful with the "Stated Amount" policy. It's not necessarily what it sounds like. I had a friend who had this type of policy and when a claim came up, the policy small print indicated that 3 sources for values would be used and an average paid out. Definitely read all the small print when insuring your cars. I would suggest getting a "Agreed Value" policy which clearly state that what the agreed insured amount is, is what would get paid out...

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 07-10-2001 01:11 PM

Dinograz;
My post reads 'stated value' not 'amount'. A stated amount policy will pay the 'actual cash value' (read 'blue book'!!) in the event of a total loss. A true 'value' policy will pay the 'value' that is 'stated' in the policy, which is backed up by a licensed, independant appraisal. There is an excellent article regarding the types, pros/cons of classic auto insurance written by Terry Shaw that is reprinted in the back of the Year One catalog. Terry was at the Carlisle show, and had a vendor spot for his company, Automotive Legal Service. I'm hoping to get my appraisal done this week, insured by next week, and maybe some plates by month end, (?). See you at the next show Dan.
M

copo69 07-10-2001 10:23 PM

Agreed value is the contract you should have. Under this contract the insurer is obligated to pay the amount stated in the policy. Stated value contracts obligate the insurer to pay the actual value at time of loss up to the amount stated on the policy. You may not get what you thought you paid for. Most of the specialty insurers write agreed value contracts.