The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Site Changes/ Additions (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144520)

Steve Shauger 09-13-2017 05:01 PM

Site Changes/ Additions

To our members-

I'm in the process of updating the main page and also adding features. There will be more opportunities for providers such as restorer to advertise and show their current restoration projects, parts providers to highlight new products and service providers. The providers will have the ability to update their banner/space and keep it fresh.

The site now has an official Youtube channel "The Supercar Registry", this is a place were muscle car related videos can be uploaded. Our cars are not static displays they are dynamic in motion and sound. At this point I believe a moderator will manage the up loading of videos. There is nothing loaded on our channel, but will be shortly.

Let me know your thoughts!!!!!!

The other feature will be a special designated forum for Paid Members that will provide access to Authorities in Restorations of specific brands and model of cars. No one knows it all, and as we know there will be differing opinions. But the information they provide will be based on their observations and experience. Most of them have 25 plus years experience.
The member asking the question and the brand model authority will be only ones able to post in the thread. I'm attempting to create a forum that will help the hobbyist, and provide them with critical details. What I don't want is for this to turn into a forum where egos clash.

Let me know your thoughts!!!!! I've been wrestling with this one....

cook_dw 09-13-2017 05:33 PM

I like the youtube channel. This will be great to have member rides as well as how to videos or restoration tips etc. I see this being a great thing.

The Authorities in Restoration too looks to be promising. Looking forward to this all developing.:biggthumpup:

Ryan1969Chevelle 09-13-2017 05:52 PM

Thanks Steve.

Still love the site:-)

Youtube channel is great idea, if you want a fitting September PSMCDR season trial video post up: PSMCDR (Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race 2013 Burn Out and PSMCDR (Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race 2013 Burn Out 2
Bruno Beltrame GTO and Dale Waligora LS6

The expert opinion section will have to be tested to see if this is a better way of communicating. (My opinion is that almost all threads already get expert opinions without pot stirring or misinformation, but this may bring an even higher level? Try it, test it, find out what is truly best!!!)

Ryan

PS: I should post a request to find out how to post pictures without reducing the size f each picture one by one. (probably operator error)

cook_dw 09-13-2017 06:42 PM

PM coming my Canadian neighbor..

mockingbird812 09-13-2017 07:41 PM

Thanks for the improvements Steve. Should be value added with what you have described!

Xplantdad 09-13-2017 07:47 PM

Hi Steve...you already know my thoughts :)

Sounds good so far!

BJCHEV396 09-13-2017 08:14 PM

Thanks Steve!!

earntaz 09-14-2017 01:52 PM

Wow!! Gas it Steve ...

TimG 09-14-2017 01:56 PM

It sounds good, looking forward to the additions.

enio45 09-14-2017 04:17 PM

Looking forward to it.....maybe some improvements to the picture uploading that will eliminate the resizing issues.....from a personal view point, it is very annoying to do this resizing.

I upload a ton of pics over at Ferrari - Chat site for my Ellena Resto without issue/ resize and eliminates the need to ask someone to resize and load for me. Maybe it is just my old attitude of not wanting to learn, BUT, I load a lot lot less pics here because of this issue.

This site is the best - people and knowledge is amazing.

Thanks for the dedication and effort of all the owners over the years making this site what it is!!