The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Scr23 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157834)

sYc 11-01-2019 08:33 PM

Scr23

Though we won’t have the dates set for SCR23 for a while, the event will be around the same time as in the past, late July, utilizing the same venues, Beech Bend Raceway Park and the National Corvette Museum.

Something new for SCR23, will be a special display or two. The Corvette Museum has graciously agreed to allow us to park a few cars in the main corridor of the museum. This will allow us room for more cars without crowding the main hall.

Being the 50th anniversary of the 1970 Yenko Deuce (and COPO Novas) we are inviting all owners of these cars to attend SCR23. As we did several years ago, would be really cool to get one of every color.

For easy access to our Facebook page and update coverage of the SCR go to www.supercarreunion.com

Copo_Cartel 11-01-2019 09:40 PM

That’s great Tom..The area that we are getting is outside in the Boulevard area it is still inside the building and it runs from the Corvette café down to the Corvette Museum the logistics tells us it holds roughly 20 cars we would love to have a display of two different models of cars 10 on each side of the aisle they are nice enough to give us this area and they are going to remove the Corvettes that are being delivered and are on display it should be exciting I would love to see The area that we are getting is outside in the boulevard area it is still inside the building and it runs from the Corvette café down to the Corvette Museum the logistics tells us it holds roughly 20 cars we would love to have a display of two different models of cars 10 on each side of the aisle they are nice enough to give us this area and they are going to remove the Corvettes that are being delivered and are on display it should be exciting I would love to see all 10 colors of the Yenko Deuce cars

ORIGLS6 11-02-2019 01:44 AM

Tom/Doug, please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it, we're hoping for July 23, 24 & 25. We have tentatively reserved TWO weekends at the Corvette Museum while we await a confirmed date with Beech Bend Raceway. Doug has also received a note from the host hotel, the Holiday Inn University Plaza, so it appears things are headed in the right direction for another great weekend.
As Tom and Doug stated above, the National Corvette Museum has offered to expand the area inside to allow us to host even more cars inside the building. The Boulevard area puts us dead center in the main traffic area for maximum exposure to hundreds of people, and leads them directly to the banquet room where we've been for the past few years. We'll also still have the covered outdoor area around the banquet room as in the past.

Bowling Green is a great town, full of car-crazy folks and they've all been great to work with. It appears the SCR has found a long-term home and I couldn't be happier.
SCR 23, ..... here we come!

big gear head 11-02-2019 04:18 AM

I can't wait! I've been trying to round up some more cars to attend. I know of several that would fit right in the muscle car class, but I have to convince the owners to show up. '66 Chevelle SS396 all original drive train, '67 Corvette 427 435HP, '69 Corvette 427 390 HP, 426 Hemi Super Bee and some more. I'm making some more changes to mine over the winter and it should be into the 10s this time.

Copo_Cartel 11-02-2019 10:47 AM

Dennis ...that is correct. We have 2 dates reserved and they are the last 2 weekends in July...when we confirm with the race track then we will choose the date. And we already have our first commitment...A red Deuce coming from New York !!!!

Kim_Howie 11-02-2019 06:46 PM

Great

Ryan1969Chevelle 11-02-2019 08:21 PM

Is this event open to “Junior Supercars” ??

I see some heavy hitters every year.

Ryan W31

big gear head 11-03-2019 12:12 AM

Ryan, they let me in. I'm sure they would let you in too.

hurstL78 11-03-2019 01:39 AM

Great news! Just when I thought this event couldn’t get any better. You guys add a Deuce gathering to top it off! I’m already looking forward to it!

ORIGLS6 11-03-2019 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle (Post 1469554)
Is this event open to “Junior Supercars” ??

"RYAN WEAVER, ........ Come on down !" :biggthumpup: