The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Scr 25 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170198)

JBALL 07-06-2022 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welp, the car is back together and I just have to get the slicks mounted. Looking forward to seeing everyone! We have a great BBQ dinner planned for Thursday night. Come hungry!

Too Many Projects 07-06-2022 02:36 PM

Bring 'em over, I'll get them mounted and balanced for you.
Oh, yeah, we aren't exactly neighbors... internet is too easy to forget people are scattered all over the country and world...:biggthumpup:

ORIGLS6 07-11-2022 03:37 PM

We're counting down to SCR 25: only 10 days away!

We feel we have a very special Guest Speaker this year. Some of you may be aware of this Gentleman's history, but I'm betting the stories and experiences he will share with us will be totally new to the majority of us.

We're happy to say we'll be welcoming Mr. Dick Williams to the podium on Friday evening at the SCR 25 Banquet.

Dick Williams grew up in Pittsburgh racing go-karts. His first car was a 55 Chevy for which he built a 4" 283 with a Duntov cam, etc. He moved up to a later model 348 and finally a 409 which was pretty quick. During that time, he also worked on Chevys and Corvettes including some road race cars which is where he met Don Yenko. In the mid-60's, he moved to York, PA, where he met Jere Stahl of Stahl Headers. He was a partner with Jere in a Super Stock Plymouth and met Bill Jenkins and Ed Hedrick through Jere.
Dick handled sponsorship marketing for Bill Jenkins as well as magazine and drag race promotion for Don Yenko on the 69 COPO cars. In the early 70's, Dick moved to the Philadelphia area near Bill and they became close friends over many years.
While there are excellent books on both Don Yenko and Bill Jenkins, Dick hopes to share some great stories from his time with both of them that we think you will enjoy.

We're also told that Mr Ed Hedrick will be returning this year!

If you haven't yet sent in your registration for SCR 25, no worries. You can call or email us, .....or register when you arrive.

Too Many Projects 07-11-2022 05:26 PM

Sounds like a great time. I'll be there, but the Chevelle is, once again, doubtful.

72_Phase_III 07-15-2022 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We will be there. Looking forward to it.

big gear head 07-15-2022 07:29 PM

I've been seeing pictures of your '72 all over Facebook.

72_Phase_III 07-17-2022 01:01 AM

Hi Freddie,
My brother put some pictures on the Baldwin Motion Facebook page we recently found. Maybe that is where you saw it. I also had it in the solid lifter showroom at the GM Nationals in Carlisle. That was fun and they did a video for Facebook on all the cars in the S L showroom.
Scott

big gear head 07-17-2022 02:47 AM

Scott, I've been seeing it on other Facebook pages. Several in the last week. It's pretty popular.

SMS 07-18-2022 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JBALL (Post 1594985)
Welp, the car is back together and I just have to get the slicks mounted. Looking forward to seeing everyone! We have a great BBQ dinner planned for Thursday night. Come hungry!

JBALL, I used to have the truck that matches your car.

Too Many Projects 07-18-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBALL (Post 1594985)

Jason, I'm coming in on Wednesday, so if you want help setting up Thursday, I'll be around and can lend a hand.