The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Scr 25 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170198)

Copo_Cartel 07-26-2022 03:12 PM

Yes sir. Tom Clary won it

sYc 07-26-2022 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For the second year in a row it was my grandson Drew in the '70 Deuce and me in the Yellow Sub racing for the COPO PETE trophy, and, for the second year in a row I got lucky. Last year Drew red lite in the finals, this year unable to hook due to the extreme heat, causing the track to go away.

Mr70 07-27-2022 11:02 AM

Cut to the chase,how was the food? :)

Too Many Projects 07-27-2022 12:03 PM

The banquet was very good.

Unfortunately, NONE of the vendors at the track bothered to open this year. A couple showed up late last year and I was counting on them to come earlier this year.

Maybe someone could see if a food truck wants to come in next year and feed all those hungry people.

Copo_Cartel 07-27-2022 01:27 PM

Here’s what we found out later on ....the track was closed on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday...due to heat conditions...that’s why the food vendors did not open. Next year we intend to discuss with the track to either open a food vendor just for our event or allow us to bring in a food truck.

ORIGLS6 07-27-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sYc (Post 1596588)
For the second year in a row it was my grandson Drew in the '70 Deuce and me in the Yellow Sub racing for the COPO PETE trophy, and, for the second year in a row I got lucky. Last year Drew red lite in the finals, this year unable to hook due to the extreme heat, causing the track to go away.

The loose conditions seemed to affect the bigger tire/higher HP cars more. 60' times were off a bit but the bigger problem was after the 660' mark. Drew handled himself like a Pro when the car started to skate a little.
Everyone who experienced this did the same; ...... kept Safety as the Number One Priority. The heat was pretty intense.

Too Many Projects 07-27-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel (Post 1596654)
Here’s what we found out later on ....the track was closed on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday...due to heat conditions...that’s why the food vendors did not open. Next year we intend to discuss with the track to either open a food vendor just for our event or allow us to bring in a food truck.

Perfect, thanks.

big gear head 07-28-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORIGLS6 (Post 1596655)
The loose conditions seemed to affect the bigger tire/higher HP cars more. 60' times were off a bit but the bigger problem was after the 660' mark. Drew handled himself like a Pro when the car started to skate a little.
Everyone who experienced this did the same; ...... kept Safety as the Number One Priority. The heat was pretty intense.

I didn't have any problems on the starting line, but when I hit second gear in my last run the car turned right. I didn't even realize that I was on the brakes until I saw a picture that you took of me with the brake lights on and smoke coming off of the front tire.

Too Many Projects 07-28-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big gear head (Post 1596698)
I didn't have any problems on the starting line, but when I hit second gear in my last run the car turned right. I didn't even realize that I was on the brakes until I saw a picture that you took of me with the brake lights on and smoke coming off of the front tire.

I've been wondering if there are other pics somewhere of this event. Where did you see this, Freddie ?

Xplantdad 07-28-2022 01:03 PM

Dennis Cumby's pics are on Facebook...over 150 of them :beers: