The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   69 INDY L-78 M-22 project (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153389)

iluv69s 02-13-2019 10:17 AM

69 INDY L-78 M-22 project

69 INDY pacecar project...mostly apart roller. Few Big block pacecars made... way less 375 Hp cars...this is an original M-22 pacecar... less than a handful known. Purchased here from Chuck years ago. (427 KING).
Certified by Ed Cuneen of COPO connection and certified by Jerry Macneish. Letter from owner in 1975 who removed original 396 375HP and put a 350 in it. Car is a no console manual top car. Probably one of one with M-22 !! A real racer Pacer !!
I have original vin stamped M-22(restored by Jerry M) and 3.73 posi still in car. Non original restoration block restamped numbers matching with JJ code. I was going to build an L-89 clone. I have correct numbers matching original restored exhaust manifolds and carb and some other engine parts including distributor, correct BB shifter, etc.. Also have spare subframe totally restored and mint cond.
Has been in body shop hell at my friend's garage for years. My bodyman had a stroke and I do not see this car getting done soon. Time to let someone else have a go at it.
Car still has original paint but, needs floors, trunk and rear sheetmetal and upper dash rust repair. I have full one piece floor pan and trunk pan and replacement dash panel. Was just going to fix part of dash that needs fixed without touching original VIN number. All hidden VINS, VIN and cowl tag original and untouched.
I have many parts including rear valance and GM rear NOS quarters and all mint GM all front (NOS takeoffs) sheetmetal, fenders, cowl, valance, cowl hood, trunklid, rear spoiler, grill, etc.
I have many new, nos and repo parts to finish car. Complete dated door and rear glass kit. NOS Gas tank, many emblems, trim and small parts, grill, hideaways, complete new interior kit. correct wheels and new tires. too much to remember and/or list.

35k obo....I paid alot more and acquired more parts for car since purchase.

Chuck still owes me an 837 alternator. Maybe new owner can get that from him !!

Big Block Bill 02-13-2019 02:13 PM

69 INDY L-78 M-22 project

PM sent

PeteLeathersac 02-13-2019 03:19 PM

'

Thanks for simply one of THE best also most fairly represented ads I've read in a long time!
Sounds like a cool car also great deal for all you get, GLWS also kudos to whoever here can make it theirs!
:beers:
~ Pete

bergy 02-13-2019 08:59 PM

PM sent

Stefano 02-13-2019 11:16 PM

I swore off all projects.......but this one sounds very worthy.

chevelleheart 02-14-2019 02:31 AM

No kidding,..great ad, well written , and likely a project you can be on the right side of when finished...
Neat project , I’m like Stefano,..I kinda swore them off,...but ...

DW31S 02-15-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefano (Post 1435089)
I swore off all projects.......but this one sounds very worthy.

Me too.....but this one does sound interesting.

firstgenaddict 02-16-2019 12:08 AM

Very fairly priced, when one considers what REAL 1969 L78 verts bring.
I have also sworn off personal projects... why is everyone making this so darned difficult... :dunno:

L78 Fred 02-16-2019 01:40 AM

Best wishes with the sale!
Where was the car originally sold?
Just curious as to the build date as I have an 04C L78 Pace Car (N6352XX )and know of (2) 03B L78 Pace cars.

Fred

iluv69s 02-16-2019 10:27 AM

Car is 03D... sold in Mass.. forget dealer name off hand

Sorry for not responding the last few days to pvt msgs.

Car has been sold to a great new caretaker who is a member here !!

I will let them disclose if they like.