The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Mini Bike Fun (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164172)

SMS 11-20-2020 03:43 PM

Mini Bike Fun

4 Attachment(s)
Impulse buy at Rural King the other day. Turned out to be the most fun/$ one could image. Took them to a family get together and they ran for a solid 8 hours. Even my 86 yo Father got in on the fun.

Anyone else have pit bikes or mini bikes?

Crush 11-20-2020 04:17 PM

That is awesome I rode mini bikes as a kid and then I got a Honda 50. Are these things pretty good in terms of quality? I’ll have to check them out we don’t have a Rural King but we have a tractor supply

Too Many Projects 11-20-2020 04:34 PM

Yeah, if you have room, or a place with trails, they are a blast.

Never had a mini, I started on a Honda 50 Sport. I grew up "in the country" and I rode that bike anywhere I wanted to go, fields, woods, swamp. I've had a motorcycle all but 1 year since then....53 years. Motorcycles, muscle cars, drag racing...that "stuff" gets in your blood and becomes part of your makeup. Good to see your Dad enjoying riding...:biggthumpup:

mssl72 11-20-2020 08:42 PM

I always wanted one as a kid. A lot of my friends had them, Rupps, Benellis, Yamaha Mini Enduros and Hondas. I started to build one out a bike frame in metal shop in Jr. high school because I couldn't afford one. Unfortunately I never finished it and sold it to a couple of other kids who wanted to mess around with it. I still look at them now and then. I just don't have a place to really ride one these days, otherwise I'd buy one! Great to see the whole family enjoying things.

Mr. Chevy 11-21-2020 12:12 AM

I also thought about buying one of those from RK. I really want a quad though... They look fun..

Rich

RALLY 11-21-2020 12:28 AM

I own a 4 horsepower Tecumseh engine mini bike and have fun driving it around. A Manco Brand. I owned a mini bike back in 68-69 years and wish i would of kept that bike. Long chrome exhaust pipe with a black frame and a leopard style black and white dot seat. Mini Bikes are collectors these days.

Big Block Bill 11-21-2020 01:00 AM

Mini Bike Fun

1 Attachment(s)
Not me but a friend of mine I bought this from in 1971, a 1969 Rupp Roadster TT-500 5 horse Tecumseh with a 2-speed transmission. This was the S**T when you are 14 years old. It went 35 - 40 MPH.

Not as fast as my Dart Kart with a Mac 101 A on it, but I guess I can never question why I'm into fast cars. Bill

SMS 11-21-2020 01:09 AM

I wanted a Rupp so bad. My paper route had a guy that sold new ones out of his garage. Dream land.

Big Block Bill 11-21-2020 01:27 AM

Mini Bike Fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMS (Post 1523227)
I wanted a Rupp so bad. My paper route had a guy that sold new ones out of his garage. Dream land.

The Guy I bought this from purchased it from another friend who's Dad sold Rupps out of his garage as well. I guess Mick Rupp would call anyone a dealer if they bought in bulk. I remember he had an 800 Magnum Snowmobile that looked like it would go 150 MPH standing still. I also had a 340 Magnum Snowmobile in the early '70s as well. Besides being fast, I remember, the Rupps were always the best looking machines. Bill

muscle_collector 11-21-2020 01:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i bought this rupp from a guy a few years ago who threw newspapers on it as a kid. you can see where his newspaper bag wore the paint off the tank. otherwise it is near mint condition.