The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Introducing........RAT’S NEST (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149308)

R68GTO 08-28-2021 12:51 AM

Well, I won't be making it to Norwalk tomorrow. Seems my carb is dumping fuel into my cylinders for some reason. Taking stuff apart again!

Too Many Projects 08-28-2021 01:03 AM

Are you using non-oxygenated gas ? If not, the floats/needles may be gummy and sticking. Probably just need a clean out and drop the float a hair. Very common issue with Holley's.

R68GTO 08-30-2021 01:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Recovered from my tach mounting faux pas...works pretty good in this location and doesn't block anything but a couple of idiot lights.
Also bolted on my 15 x 8 Cragars to verify clearances before sourcing aluminum slots and slicks for the Rat's Nest theme. These Cragars have a 4" backspace and the Pro Tracs are 9.25" tread with a 10.5" section and 27.75" diameter. With the car weight on the tire, the top of the tire is just below the wheel opening. I'm thinking I need a 15 x 10 wheel with a 3.5" to 4.0" backspace with a 10" wide slick. Anyone have a wheel/tire combo like that that can show me how it looks mounted on the car?

GSX4SPD 09-09-2021 08:20 PM

That looks awesome- great story!

R68GTO 09-25-2021 11:26 AM

Pre-Rat's Nest photo shoot

5 Attachment(s)
Took the car out for a photo shoot with a professional photographer (not me). I wanted to get some high quality photos of the car in its as built configuration before I do the Rat's Nest conversion (October) for the MCACN show and probably for the rest of my ownership. These few are just from my cell phone, the couple of previews of his shots look pretty incredible compared to these, but thought I would share a few. Enjoy!

Xplantdad 09-27-2021 03:18 PM

Very nice, Jim! :biggthumpup:

Pro Stock John 09-28-2021 08:22 PM

Wow!!!!!

R68GTO 10-14-2021 01:54 AM

Got the car out for the hometown show, thought capturing a little idle video would be fun. Probably woke the neighbors up.

Chuck_Burg 10-14-2021 06:44 PM

You've done such an incredible job restoring this car. I love the story and I love how you put all the pieces of the puzzle together. It was fun for me watching both your build and Graeme's build while I'm doing my own build.

I'm sure the open headers sound bitchin in person, this video does not do it justice. Can't wait to see the next step.

Xplantdad 10-14-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg (Post 1567369)
You've done such an incredible job restoring this car. I love the story and I love how you put all the pieces of the puzzle together. It was fun for me watching both your build and Graeme's build while I'm doing my own build.

I'm sure the open headers sound bitchin in person, this video does not do it justice. Can't wait to see the next step.

I couldn't agree more! :biggthumpup: