The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Outrageous Claim or Legit Car? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148843)

69hurstSC 05-06-2018 05:52 PM

Outrageous Claim or Legit Car?

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.nic...39893396141738

PLATINUM6BBL 05-06-2018 06:21 PM

I have trouble with the claim. Auto & SS badging are a start. Could it be to boast it for more $$ when flipped?

BCreekDave 05-06-2018 07:36 PM

The whole "unconverted" thing is interesting. Is there some docs from Don Yenko that says something like "I meant to convert this car, but didn't due to...?" Otherwise, its like an L78 Nova that just sold out of Yenko's dealership. Nice car, but nothing super exceptional. Is it rare (=valuable) for what WASN'T done to it?
Are there any "double conversion" cars out there? L78 to L72 to L48 or similar? Would that be more valuable than if they stopped at the L72? If you can imagine it, its out there and the docs will follow.

olredalert 05-06-2018 08:01 PM

---- I agree with this guys contention that a 396/375 Nova delivered to Yenko is probably worth more than the same car delivered to any other dealer, but how much more is the question!.......Bill S

PxTx 05-06-2018 09:48 PM

I'm pretty sure I've read thay the regular Yenko Chevy dealership had a separate and different inventory than the cars brought in through the sYc books. So if they can document that this Nova was ordered through the sYc, it certainly wold validate some.of the statements.

It is more likely to be just a Nova sold through the Yenko Chevrolet- which certainly is cool and I would agre with those above- thay alone still is a value adder.

It will be interesting to follow what happens with this!

69hurstSC 05-06-2018 10:08 PM

The thing I find interesting is there is this void of 5-6 non 427 converted cars. Some have been validated and they appear on this site and have a VIN attributed to them. But what about the remaining and unaccounted for non 427 converted cars? Before you know it we'll have 15 people claiming their 396/375 Yenko sold SS is a "non converted" car, and part of the 37 slated for conversion.

This guy is going to need A LOT more data than "I said so".

Lee Stewart 05-07-2018 12:25 AM

I can't understand why an L78 Nova SS sold by Yenko Chevrolet would have a greater value (all things being equal of course) than the same car sold by Rupp Chevrolet . . . or any other Chevrolet dealership. Did Don Yenko personally test drive each car his dealership sold? Was his name on every sales document as the salesman who actually sold the car? Did Yenko Chevrolet do something special during the dealer prep of their cars?

What is this fixation with any car sold by Yenko Chevrolet?

Pusher_Man 05-07-2018 12:58 AM

Supply and demand dictates everything. I would imagine a Yenko sold hipo car would bring more than an identical car sold from a much less known dealer. The Yenko name brings a lot of attention.

Lee Stewart 05-07-2018 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pusher_Man (Post 1399982)
Supply and demand dictates everything. I would imagine a Yenko sold hipo car would bring more than an identical car sold from a much less known dealer. The Yenko name brings a lot of attention.

Sure . . . for the Super Cars he built and sold. THAT I understand. But any other car?

It's like Baldwin Motion cars. Those that Joel Rosen worked on should have a high value. But a car sold by Baldwin Chevrolet? IMO - nope. The selling dealership of a factory stock car should have no intrinsic value whatsoever. And if it does than there is something wrong. It sounds like, to me, it's a way for people to artificially inflate the value of their car. Like those Marti Reports that boil the options down to show that the car in question is unique - a 1 of 1.

Oh . . . did I just "kick the puppy?"

camarojoe 05-07-2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pusher_Man (Post 1399982)

Exactly. In fact, there were 50 Yenko Deuces that never even saw Canonsburg, PA... let alone the hands of Don Yenko, and they're worth no less than any other Deuce. I believe any car with legit ties to Yenko still holds the Yenko "mystique" and additional desirability...more so than the same car sold through some random unknown dealer.