The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   69 Camaro Four bumper bolts (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151722)

Lynn 11-07-2018 03:14 PM

69 Camaro Four bumper bolts

Needing four of the correct bumper bolts that bolt the outer bumper brackets to the body.

The ones I have feature large captured washers. I believe the correct ones have small captured washers. Wouldn't go to this trouble, but the bumper is off right now. I finally got around to repainting my grill the correct silver color. The paint that was on there was too dark. Very pleased with the outcome. Will post pics in a separate thread.

Not asking for a handout. Glad to pay for the parts and shipping.

fiveforty 11-11-2018 10:17 AM

Did you ever get any bumper bolts. If you have a pic of what you need I most likely have some.

Lynn 11-11-2018 04:23 PM

Which is correct?

3 Attachment(s)
I realize there could be several different manufacturers of bolts and therefore different head markings, so not really concerned about that. I have found multiple instances of different manuafacturers bolts used interchangeably.

However, I doubt that bolts with different size captured washers were used unterchangeably.

The smaller washer on these 3/8 bolts is 3/4 inch. The larger is 1 inch.

Which is correct for the outer bumber brackets? Talking about the four bolts that fasten the outer bumper bracket to the lower fender extension on a 69 Camaro.

I looked in the AIM and can't even find the page were the bumber gets bolted on.

fiveforty 11-11-2018 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These have been on the shelf for 41 years off a 1 owner car. looks like small washers.

Lynn 11-11-2018 08:50 PM

That is what I thought.

Can anyone confirm? Again, I could not find bumper install in the AIM, other than VE3, and it simply states to use the "production" part. I just can't find a part number for the production part.

If confirmed, I need four of those bolts with the small captured washer, i.e. 3/4 inch o.d.

jl8z28 11-11-2018 09:08 PM

Are you talking about the one's that you can see on the outside of the body i looked at my 69 and they were the small washer

jl8z28 11-11-2018 09:12 PM

Mine has been through the legends judging so i would say they are correct

Lynn 11-11-2018 09:45 PM

Yes, the ones you can see from underneath the front bumper. They go through the outer brackets that fiveforty posted.

I may have some in my stash pile, but if someone has a set reasonably priced, i would rather do that than go hunting. Just too much going on right now.

Enoch 11-12-2018 03:51 PM

Originals have small washer but a pointed pinched tip. I have them by the bucket full :-) I have flying F head marking, e, and rbw I can post pictures if you like.