The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Home/ hobby garage alarm systems (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149802)

Crush 07-12-2018 01:15 AM

Home/ hobby garage alarm systems

Hey folks
Looking for real world experience of alarms. With my recent build of my hobby garage I started researching the various options from DIY to professionally installed and the confusion set in. Please share any thoughts you have.
Thanks
B

Lee Stewart 07-12-2018 02:27 AM

You might want to call your insurance agent and see what he has to say.

JRSully 07-12-2018 10:54 AM

Check out Frontpoint, they seem to be cutting edge DIY. Would like to hear from others who have it. They seem to rate in the top 3 consistently from the review sites

Charley Lillard 07-12-2018 12:42 PM

Some Collector Car Insurance Co's require you to have a monitored alarm system.

bbbentley 07-12-2018 12:52 PM

I listen to a lot of “Conservative” programming. They heavily push/advertise Simply Safe. I’ve never heard anything bad about their product/service. This question could not have come at a better time! I, too, am seeking advice on this same topic wanting a new system. Thanks, again, sYc ( Crush)

big gear head 07-12-2018 02:34 PM

I just sent both of them a message to give me a quote. I don't have a big shop or a high dollar car to protect, but I'd hate to loose what I have.

mockingbird812 07-12-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbentley (Post 1407797)
I listen to a lot of “Conservative” programming. They heavily push/advertise Simply Safe. I’ve never heard anything bad about their product/service. This question could not have come at a better time! I, too, am seeking advice on this same topic wanting a new system. Thanks, again, sYc ( Crush)

As I recall Bentley, you have a vicious dog or 2 residing at your place that should have you covered just fine!! ;>)

Crush 07-12-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Stewart (Post 1407777)
You might want to call your insurance agent and see what he has to say.

I contacted my insurance and they said I would receive a reduction on monitored and unmonitored systems. They did not have a specific brand recommendation but my agent did make reference to the personal use of simply safe and is very pleased!

Lee Stewart 07-12-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 1407816)
I contacted my insurance and they said I would receive a reduction on monitored and unmonitored systems. They did not have a specific brand recommendation but my agent did make reference to the personal use of simply safe and is very pleased!

That's what I thought . . . that you might receive a premium reduction. I got one for my renters insurance because each apt. has it's own alarm system.

BJCHEV396 07-12-2018 09:17 PM

I have my garage just hooked up to my house security system.Easy peasy and 12% reduction on premiums!