The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Please pick apart my L78 Camaro (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163840)

SeattleCarGuy 10-29-2020 09:00 PM

Please pick apart my L78 Camaro

4 Attachment(s)
Just bought this '67 L78 Camaro. It is frame off restoration, but I would call it a "nice driver" quality restoration. I hope to actually enjoy it a bit more than some of my trailer queens, but I want to make it reasonably "more correct" than it is.

From what I can obviously see and what I am already addressing:

(1) Has aftermarket aluminum radiator (will get a more correct appearing repop, unless anyone has a real dated/coded radiator)
(2) Will change hose clamps to correct "tower" style clamps
(3) Will get correct anodized master cylinder reservoir cover
(4) Will install A-arm dust shields and staples

Is there anything else obvious to the '67 L78 experts? Again, please pick it apart.

Thank you,

Paul

RPOLS3 10-29-2020 09:05 PM

Nice car Paul!

I'm no expert but guessing that heater hose bracket on the front of the block isn't right.

Assuming it should be on the inner fenderwell?

Mr70 10-29-2020 09:20 PM

No engine pull hook?

olredalert 10-29-2020 09:33 PM

----Paul,,,Was this Camaro delivered without disc brakes? Just asking......Bill S

SeattleCarGuy 10-29-2020 09:43 PM

Yes, non-power drum brake car.

I thought disc brakes would be standard on SS or mandatory on BB, but I see the L78 convertible in the Brothers Collection is the same as this and found a few others online with non-power drums.

olredalert 10-29-2020 09:54 PM

----I was just wondering as it would be sort of a drag race oriented thing with the drums which makes sense. I'm not sure exactly what a non power drum brake master looks like. Hope it's the right one......Bill S

Burd 10-29-2020 11:04 PM

Rad clamps, a nice factory set would look good

1967 4K 10-30-2020 12:07 AM

67 4k

I’m certainly not an expert but, the alternator fan should be black. I see the temp sending unit wire is in a clip on the valve cover. Need a different pic angle shot of the left valve cover spark plug loom holder position. Seeing the front clip makes me think yours is correct but Chevelle is similar. Left 67 big block Camaro cover is hard puppy to find.
The pump to carb line is repop but so is mine and most you see. Is the radiator fan shroud GM or repop? Hope it’s GM cause real ones are hard to find and very expensive.
I like your car man, it’s five weeks younger than mine.
Later

scuncio 10-30-2020 12:08 AM

Nice car. Does it still retain the crazy expensive L78/Z28 clutch fan?

tunes 10-30-2020 12:12 AM

Water pump pulley does not appear to be a deep groove pulley and has wrong style belt. Tonawanda sticker on wrong valve cover. Incorrect PCV hose. Not sure about '67 models, but shouldn't the vacuum advance line be steel/rubber with a clip on the intake? I would like to see more pictures of your Camaro.