The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Alan Green Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155952)

1969HO455 07-11-2019 10:07 PM

Alan Green Chevrolet

5 Attachment(s)
This was one of THE High Performance dealers in Seattle, and original license plate frames are really hard to come by. I painstakingly recreated these from an original for a restoration project and have a few extra available. These have all the period correct details from the 60's-70's. High quality chrome metal frames with correct reflectorized inserts. Two color options: Yellow/Red and White/Green. See my ad in classified section if interested. Thanks

KLars1 07-12-2019 03:52 AM

Just wanted to say I bought a set of these when they were first offered buy this seller and the transaction was seamless - amazing packaging. I like the product - I believe for the price the value and how close they are to the originals is appropriate.

1969HO455 07-12-2019 04:17 AM

Thank you! I really tried to get these as correct as possible, & offer quality at a reasonable price. I appreciate your comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLars1 (Post 1454794)
Just wanted to say I bought a set of these when they were first offered buy this seller and the transaction was seamless - amazing packaging. I like the product - I believe for the price the value and how close they are to the originals is appropriate.

1967Z28 07-12-2019 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an original that a friend of mine owns.

1969HO455 07-12-2019 01:05 PM

Thanks for sharing, that was another version AG made with Seattle up top and the green/black color combo. This may have been a little later version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967Z28 (Post 1454822)
Here's an original that a friend of mine owns.

mockingbird812 07-12-2019 01:11 PM

Nice job!!

1967Z28 07-12-2019 01:15 PM

You're welcome. I don't know what year it's from but I thought Alan Green went out of business around 1970.

You did a nice job of matching the font of the original.

SeattleCarGuy 07-16-2019 08:51 PM

My understanding is that Alan Green went out of business in late 1969 as I talked to a guy that bought a '69 RS/SS Camaro convertible at bank auction off their lot in late 1969 or early 1970 when the bank was auctioning everything. The car had sat with the top down and so it had a bunch of rain water in it, but otherwise was a brand new car and he got it for I think around $800 at the time.

I also thought all these Alan Green license frames used "SEATTLE" and not "BURIEN" on the top bar as the cars they sponsored all stated "SEATTLE" as the dealer location as while the dealership is in what's now Burien, Burien was not an incorporated city until the early 1990's, long after Alan Green Chev was defunct. I live in the Seattle area and have spoken to a number of former Alan Green employees from back in the day and the cars they had on display as part of a commemorative Alan Green display at last year's Corvette and High Performance meet in Puyallup, WA, I believe all referenced "SEATTLE" as well. Just trying to be accurate here.

1969HO455 07-16-2019 09:30 PM

Alan Green

Thanks, I have seen originals with both Burien and Seattle. The original I designed these from had the Burien up top and came from a guy that had history there. I think both would be correct, I've just seen more with Burien than Seattle so went that direction with these. I appreciate your input.

MJV1953 07-16-2019 11:37 PM

Alan Green

I been collecting license plate frames for the last 25 years. I have an original Alan Green Burien red lettering on yellow and an original Alan Green Seattle black lettering on green. I have never seen an Alan Green green lettering on a white background and neither have any of my car collecting friends who grew up in Burien during the 60s and former Alan Green employees who worked there in the 60's. Would love to see the original Alan Green green lettering on white background frame you use to create your duplicate.
Thanks
Mike