The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   1971 Camaro z/28 For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153092)

TuxedoblackZ 01-24-2019 06:23 PM

1971 Camaro z/28 For Sale

27 Attachment(s)
Super Nice 71 Z28. Numbers matching drivetrain. This is a very original car with one very nice repaint over original rust free panels. Interior is original except for replacement front seat covers. Runs fantastic with absolutely no issues. This car was advertised on this site a few years ago so some of you may already know the car. Asking $46,900. Quality trades will be considered. Inspections are welcome. You will not be disappointed. 302-393-6192. Ryan
Car is located in Milford Delaware.

BCreekDave 01-24-2019 07:18 PM

Ummmm...hate to say it but the front fenders have been replaced. Nice looking car though.

GM_427_Racer 01-24-2019 07:18 PM

Nice Car, in fact, it looks like you have a garage full of nice cars.

Good Luck with the sale...

GM

TuxedoblackZ 01-24-2019 07:34 PM

Hi. When I bought the car I was told all original panels. I purchased it from a guy that bought it from a member on this forum. I don't think there was any mention of replaced fenders in his ad back then, but I would have to go back and find his ad. However, I am sure you are not speaking without knowledge of the car, so I would say now that the fenders have been replaced. Still a rock solid great running numbers matching Z. Thanks for the info!

TuxedoblackZ 01-24-2019 07:42 PM

Also, anyone else with any info regarding the history of this car, chime in, would love to hear about it. Thanks!

Crush 01-24-2019 10:33 PM

Love these cars! My older brother had a 70.5 in 75. I came close on one 2 years ago. Any paper work?

TuxedoblackZ 01-25-2019 12:48 AM

Hi! They are really cool cars! No, don’t have paperwork but it is definitely an all numbers matching Z.

John 01-25-2019 10:44 AM

… I love the looks of that Z/28.

:beers:

BCreekDave 01-25-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuxedoblackZ (Post 1432266)
Hi. When I bought the car I was told all original panels. I purchased it from a guy that bought it from a member on this forum. I don't think there was any mention of replaced fenders in his ad back then, but I would have to go back and find his ad. However, I am sure you are not speaking without knowledge of the car, so I would say now that the fenders have been replaced. Still a rock solid great running numbers matching Z. Thanks for the info!

I have no direct knowledge of this exact car, only early second gen Camaros.
In this case, the passenger inner fender area just in front of the hood hinge area has an oval indent. This didn't appear until mid '74 or so. It was punched out for the 75-76 air cleaner inlet tube. It was on all GM replacement fenders from this time-frame on, minus what ever earlier stock was at dealers and warehouses.

On the drivers side, the area where the '70 washer bottle bolts on has the angle cut rather than a full flange. This started appearing like this in the same time-frame I believe.

TuxedoblackZ 01-25-2019 07:02 PM

Thank you for your input! Appreciate the education!!