The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   When they ban gas cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175892)

300deluxe 06-17-2023 03:43 AM

When they ban gas cars

Has anyone ever wondered what would happen to our classic cars when they ban gasoline? I see all these WEF/NWO freaks talking about this and it sure makes me mad! Would we just have them parked in our garage to look at? What would this do to the value our them? This has bothered me lately as I have seen all these control freaks talking about banning all petroleum and going all electric with everything by 2030...aka Agenda 2030.

Krateness 06-17-2023 03:59 AM

Most people forget the petroleum isn’t just gasoline but a wide range of other products as well. Frankly I don’t think it will ever happen, or can rather. Between all the other talking points the world revolves around oil and we aren’t the only ones pulling for it. To ban gas means to shut down a very large infrastructure of our economy and I can’t see it being anywhere near ready by that timeline. They may place a higher tax ICE vehicles or bring back emissions testing in states that have done away with it. Maybe I’m trying to convince myself of these things but in the end if they do ban gas, I’m for seeing a much larger problem at hand then what happens to classic cars.

turbojet427 06-17-2023 04:21 AM

Gas

The internal combustion engine has a long life ahead of us. Too many variables, technology advances, and political agendas that can change.

Just remember, life is very short and if you are always worrying about the future it'll never come!!!

cruiserofland 06-17-2023 04:36 AM

Sebastian Vettel will be doing a demo lap in an F1 car of the Nordschleife running a carbon-neutral fuel: https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...n-nurburgring/

So even if traditional gasoline is someday banned or heavily taxed, there is motivation in a lot of applications to still have a liquid option (like in a screaming V8!).

70 copo 06-17-2023 12:20 PM

There are multiple threads in the lounge where I reported to the forum that banning internal combustion engines and parts was the plan.

I was told by many members that "it would never happen".

look at where we are now.

Lee Stewart 06-17-2023 01:03 PM

So they are going to ban gasoline huh. Goodbye aviation industry. Sorry to see the Military go with it. Trucking industry - see you. Transportation industry - you served us well.

If they ban gasoline, they have to ban diesel along with it.

Here is my prognostication on the matter . . .

They will discover "warp speed" before they ever ban gas and diesel. Should happen around 2123.

KevinW 06-17-2023 01:10 PM

Change is always a slow process and at the same time can seem really rapid :) It all depends on technology.

Think of horse to auto/tractors, steam to diesel RR, passenger ships (and rail) to airlines, land line to cell phones etc.

But we still have horses for pleasure, stream trains are loved and restored (Big Boy 4014!), a healthy Cruise line industry (sort of, and the sad story of the SS United States). Land lines, no so much health there.

So the gas cars to electric will be gradual, but when you look back it will seem to happen overnight.

But the ICE industry will slowly move from the everyday transport to more niche uses. EVs and robotaxi's will be commonplace in Urban areas first. Rural, towing, Trucking and farm use will move more slowly. This of course is already happening and will accelerate.

Keep in mind that if there is a seismic technology breakthrough things can change in an instant! When is the last time you bought (or saw) a paper map in a service station after the advent of GPS and map apps.

Then if someone develops a cheap, powerful, environmentally neutral battery tech, progress will move very fast. I mean if Rivan/Tesla could drive/tow for over 500 miles for $20K, wouldn't you think about it? :D

Unreal 06-17-2023 01:14 PM

"In the year, 2525, if man is still alive" Bu Zager and Evans.

HuggerSS 06-17-2023 01:19 PM

I talked to a friend who is a Urologist, he said in the next 10-15 years guys who drive EV cars will be developing testicular and prostate cancer. He said sitting on top of a battery that powerful, it’s inevitable.

70 copo 06-17-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggerSS (Post 1625004)
I talked to a friend who is a Urologist, he said in the next 10-15 years guys who drive EV cars will be developing testicular and prostate cancer. He said sitting on top of a battery that powerful, it’s inevitable.

Pay close attention to what this guy says. His friend is informed and correct.