The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Original rear spoiler (D80) hardware question (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155198)

Enoch 05-23-2019 09:13 PM

Original rear spoiler (D80) hardware question

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what I believe is an original set of rear spoiler mounting hardware that I pulled out of the bin yesterday that's been sitting for well over 25 years. My question is has anyone seen this style reproduced. The forward nuts have the large captured washer with nibs and an e stamp on the top. While the rear acorn nuts have a machine turn down top that comes to a point.
I've seen several different original manufacturers of rear spoiler Hardware but this one's unique to me and I wanted to make sure it's legit before I list it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

firstgenaddict 05-30-2019 08:12 PM

The gold ones look like std gm spoiler nuts. 1/4 20 correct
The other acorns appear smaller than 1/4 20 are they machine screws?

Steve Shauger 05-31-2019 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 1448805)
Here is what I believe is an original set of rear spoiler mounting hardware that I pulled out of the bin yesterday that's been sitting for well over 25 years. My question is has anyone seen this style reproduced. The forward nuts have the large captured washer with nibs and an e stamp on the top. While the rear acorn nuts have a machine turn down top that comes to a point.
I've seen several different original manufacturers of rear spoiler Hardware but this one's unique to me and I wanted to make sure it's legit before I list it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Rich the acorn nuts look correct as well captured washer nuts. The incorrect acorn nuts I've seen have a smaller dome and don't have the machining pattern on the dome.

Here's a picture of an original. I can provide dimensions if you like.

Thanks!

Enoch 05-31-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstgenaddict (Post 1449730)
The gold ones look like std gm spoiler nuts. 1/4 20 correct
The other acorns appear smaller than 1/4 20 are they machine screws?

It's hard to tell from the picture is but the Acorn nuts are 1/4-20

Enoch 05-31-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shauger (Post 1449821)
Rich the acorn nuts look correct as well captured washer nuts. The incorrect acorn nuts I've seen have a smaller dome and don't have the machining pattern on the dome.

Here's a picture of an original. I can provide dimensions if you like.

Thanks!

Thanks Steve. I thought so but just wanted to make sure. Because original acorn nuts in this style are so hard to find. They already found a new home :-)