The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   STEAK IN CHICAGO (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129883)

Tracker1 11-18-2014 03:09 PM

STEAK IN CHICAGO

Just wondering where to get a great steak in Chicago? Opinions? Is it worth going anywhere other than Gibson's there by the convention centre or...? thanks in advance.

Mr70 11-18-2014 03:24 PM

Re: STEAK IN CHICAGO

For right where you'll be,that's probably the best/finest & most convenient.
If you want to travel some,Chicago Cut Steakhouse on N.LaSalle St.is incredible.
Smith & Wollensky on N.State is also very well known & has a huge local following.
David Burke's Primehouse on Rush is worth the trip too.
DITKAS in Oak Brook Terrace is very underrated,and serves a really good steak.
Michael Jordans Steak House on N.Michigan is also very good...And he does drop in & eat there alot.

Canuck 11-18-2014 04:34 PM

Atta Boy Des, I am getting Hungry already!

Born30YrsLate 11-18-2014 04:35 PM

There's a Fogo de Chao (Brazilian Steakhouse) behind the Double Tree Hotel. For those who aren't familiar with this type of resturaunt it is all u can eat steak, a variety to choose from too, but not just steak they have other meat too like chicken and lamb and a big salad bar (never tried it). They come around with hunks of meat on spickets and cut you off pieces. You get what looks like a drink coaster that's red on one side and green on the other...as long as the green side is up they keep bringing food until you turn the coaster to the red side up. The first time I tried this restaurant was in Brazil and have hit up several in the states since then. It is expensive probably ~$45 for dinner, however I've found out that lunch is ~$25 and serves the same items. Not sure of the etiquette in Chicago but in Brazil they let you sit there for hours flipping your coaster.
You should also try a Caipirinha, which is Brazil's national cocktail made with cachaça.

Stefano 11-18-2014 04:59 PM

Amateurs, all of yous.

You have another top rated Chicago Steakhouse, right around the corner. It's called Morton's and you have a great Italian Restaurant just North of the Convention center, which also severs a great Steak, it called Carlucci's.

Mr70 11-18-2014 05:01 PM

Lets not forget Steak & Shake.

Verne_Frantz 11-18-2014 05:19 PM

I was just inquiring about the same thing. Thanks for the recommendations!
Verne [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Smokey 11-18-2014 06:20 PM

And now what about the beef sandwiches..... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Smokey 11-18-2014 06:21 PM

I remember McCormick and Schmits has a killer happy hour too.

RPOLS3 11-18-2014 06:47 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And now what about the beef sandwiches..... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
</div></div>

Portillo's

Jake