The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Paint color (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142123)

ne70ss 03-31-2017 07:43 PM

Paint color

2 Attachment(s)
So the body work is done and now it's time for paint. It was originally paint code 10 classic white. I'm going back to white, but not sure if I want the factory white. I'm looking for opinions on what might be a cleaner, crisper white. Thanks in advance.

cook_dw 03-31-2017 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like arctic white. If you want a little flash then add a little pearl to the clear. Just a thought.

70 copo 03-31-2017 08:49 PM

Classic white is a good color to go back to. I did a brighter white on a car and ended up going back to classic white.

Tough to describe but the brighter shade really messed with the lines of the car in the angles. Your call...

Mr. Chevy 03-31-2017 10:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Code 10 classic white is a nice bright, crisp white..

Here it is on my 70 Nova, factory code 10 paint car also...

Rich

ne70ss 03-31-2017 11:34 PM

Your Nova looks amazing. Just what I needed to see. Decision made. Thanks.

Mr. Chevy 03-31-2017 11:45 PM

Awesome!!

Glad I could help... I like code 10.. It was called different names through the years by GM. I have heard it called bright white & arctic white. They ran the color from 70 through the 90s.. Corvettes had it... I really like it.. I like it better than Dover White in 1969. That was more of an egg shell white.. You can still find the small brush touch up bottles in the parts stores like Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts etc.. also...

I think white is kinda rare.. You don't see many white muscle cars...

Rich

luzl78 04-02-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Chevy (Post 1347492)
Awesome!!

Glad I could help... I like code 10.. It was called different names through the years by GM. I have heard it called bright white & arctic white. They ran the color from 70 through the 90s.. Corvettes had it... I really like it.. I like it better than Dover White in 1969. That was more of an egg shell white.. You can still find the small brush touch up bottles in the parts stores like Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts etc.. also...

I think white is kinda rare.. You don't see many white muscle cars...

Rich

I just bought a 70 Monte 402 and it also is classic white. In 71 they went to antique white which looks kinda like ford wimbleton white which I like but I agree with sticking to classic white. I will single stage it though. If you clear it you'll get more of a in your face white if that's what you're looking for. I think the 67 festival pace car was clear coated to make it pop more.

Mr. Chevy 04-02-2017 09:10 PM

My Nova was done with single stage urethane back in 1999.

Rich

ne70ss 04-04-2017 02:19 AM

There are two code 10's GM carries. One is WA3465 which is Classic White and the other is WA9567 which is Artic White. I know these codes were used in different years, but is there a chance they're the same but the name and code just changed?

ZiggyL78 04-04-2017 04:40 AM

You can't loose with the original colour. The car is going to look great just because it's all new anyway.I won't take a chance on any colour unless I have seen that exact colour on the exact same car.I'm a big fan on silver.I always paint them the original factory silver for that year.I've seen guys paint a vintage car in a new brighter late model silver.It looked like shit,even though the brighter silver on the right late model car looked great.