The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Civil Forfeiture Detroit...Be Aware. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170163)

70 copo 12-25-2021 02:51 PM

Civil Forfeiture Detroit...Be Aware.

The laws in MI were historically quite horrendous so reform was signed into law in several years ago, but the city of Detroit pivoted to a different interpretation of the law.

As an example years ago a property owners were served a search warrant on property, but was never charged, nor was any evidence of law breaking found. Law enforcement still seized a restored 1965 NOVA SS and the trailer it was stored in. Camaros, Mustangs, and Ferrari's seized as well in the last decade.

The newest and latest battle involved youtubers Dream cars daily.

Be aware. IF I am understanding this correctly the Detroit police could see you spectating at Woodward and someone turns the tires, and you are simply near the event your car can be selectively seized.

Please do not make this thread political. Increasingly it appears we are having trouble discussing anything serious on the forum without forum rules getting looked at and entire threads deleted as a result.

1967 4K 12-25-2021 04:10 PM

Stay south of the Mason Dixon. And people wonder why there’s a population Exodus from the northern tier states.

70 copo 12-25-2021 04:49 PM

Reminds me of the nightmare endured by COPO Pete (Simpson)

CamaroNOS 12-25-2021 05:37 PM

I think the nightmare with Pete's car was due to it being stolen and brought to the reserve.

Paul

hogdaddy 12-25-2021 05:54 PM

Here is another perspective on this. Looks like they were going street racing in Detroit in their own words and video of the white car racing a Hellcat.

tjs44 12-25-2021 07:09 PM

In my early years of street racing in so cal they started arresting people watching the racing.Aiding and abetting is a misdemeanor (watching)was a felony.Tom

70 copo 12-25-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroNOS (Post 1576160)
I think the nightmare with Pete's car was due to it being stolen and brought to the reserve.

Paul

Yes, stolen by members of the reservation and the reservation LEO’s were in on it.

chevyman0429 12-25-2021 10:14 PM

In Detroit my brother in law and I was at the street racing scene he got pulled over they confiscated his car the truck he was towing it with and the trailer. It got auctioned off and nobody with his last name could participate in the auction !

Pusher_Man 12-26-2021 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman0429 (Post 1576187)
In Detroit my brother in law and I was at the street racing scene he got pulled over they confiscated his car the truck he was towing it with and the trailer. It got auctioned off and nobody with his last name could participate in the auction !

Hot dang. When did that occur?

Crush 12-26-2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman0429 (Post 1576187)

What years were u into it?