The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Yenko Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Is this for real? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136079)

simpleman 02-07-2016 12:49 AM

Is this for real?

[img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/use...13227457295_228[/img]

PeteLeathersac 02-07-2016 01:41 AM

Is this for real?

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: simpleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics...8844-image.jpg

earntaz 02-07-2016 12:58 PM

Re: Is this for real?

Back in the day there were &quot;things&quot; done to Yenko's that we look at today and say OMG -- case in point ... what I did to my old Cortez Silver Deuce ... not knowing what it would have been worth in todays day and age. TAZ

Hawkeye 02-07-2016 02:27 PM

Do you know any history on this Chevelle other than the photo?

Thanks,
Marty

simpleman 02-07-2016 03:25 PM

No, I stumbled across it by accident. And as to what TAZ had commented on in 1981 I was 17 and had a 69 SS396 Chevelle and bought a used Hurst Super Shifter off a friend. I used anything I could find to &quot;trim&quot; the floor so it would fit. A hand grenade would have done a cleaner job.

PeteLeathersac 02-07-2016 05:30 PM

Is this for real?

We all did goofy stuff back then, I turned my '69 442 Post car into a stock car too.
Here's a few links below that may be relative to the pictured '69 Yenko stocker?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

-
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...lost_supercars
-
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...yenko-chevelle
-
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...6&amp;page=all
-

livettes 02-09-2016 08:05 PM

About 5 years ago a kid showed up to the Supercar Reunion at the track saying he owned a Yenko Chevelle that had once been a circle track car and was very rough. The car was on the list and if I remember right it was Daytona Yellow.
Could it be????
Jamie

Schonyenko2 02-10-2016 12:09 AM

Not remembering that. Must have been one the gerbil that fell off the brain tread mill. Gary Holub had a picture of a DY Yenko Chevelle running on a circle track in the Dubuque area. As stated in the precious threads, I saw what was claimed to be the remnants at a salvage yard in Wi. I had heard that the title and the tags were out there somewhere. Even had a call that someone had done a re body with those tags. Never heard that car saw daylight.

Safe to say, one became a dirt track car. Disposition is stories, legends, and lies. :-)

COPO140 02-10-2016 07:37 PM

About 6 years ago, the car was offered to me here in Iowa (I have the VIN written down somewhere). It was offered to me however after getting the VIN I realized it was the infamous car that was sitting in a field in WI. At some point, the man in WI got a title for the car and sold it. I am not sure how it got titled as the car did not have a dash VIN when I looked at it. I personally checked the hidden VIN on the car also and it had nothing to do with a Yenko FWIW. I connected the dots and believe that the car is now titled under a real Yenko VIN. Frankly, I am not even sure that the WI field car had anything to do with what it was originally believed to be. The pic posted above looks exactly like the car that the gentleman in WI claimed his car to be. I will try to locate the VIN and post.

whitetop 02-13-2016 03:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Notice the Masciarelli Demolition sponsor..guy who owned this stock car also owned the 71 Hemi in the pic below

Original Hemi Barracuda that was in a garage fire turned into a stock car in my area. Owner ran the Hemi first year, many guys complained but in reality car was terrible with the Hemi because too heavy up front. later ran with a 340 and it turned quicker times.

Another guy ran a 428 R Code 69 Mustang as a stock car. Another ran a original 454 SS Ls-6 Chevelle.

Not counting all the rust free 55-57's Chevies, 65-66 Mustang and early Camaros that were turned into stock cars

old5.0 02-17-2016 08:40 PM

Alot of neat stuff died on the dirt tracks. There was a 61 409 Impala SS in this area that got the stock car treatment. The 409 survived and was in an 83 or 84 Camaro last I knew.

Charley Lillard 04-14-2017 03:03 AM

Martin..I don't know where in this thread his car was trashed. Someone posted that they looked at a car that had a vin that was not to a Yenko. Maybe it was the rebody mentioned but no reason for it to crush dreams. As for the Supercar Reunion it is not a part of this site or it's ownership. Members here are permitted to promote that event but as owner of this site I have nothing to do with the Reunion. If your friend is sure he has the car he is more than welcome to chime in here and posting pics that show his case would go along way in documenting it. I work very hard in not letting people trash cars without a good factual reason. Sorry your friend had a hard time but with all the fakes these days people easily get suspicious.

gad5264 09-23-2022 12:16 PM

Masciarelli

This was my uncle Nick Masciarelli. He owned several Mopar drag cars over the years. The blue 71 was an original HEMI car. Here is the story behind the convertible.

The Cuda was manufactured in February 1971. The first owner "Ronald Ambach" lived in St. Louis / Missouri at the time. He was the proud owner until the demise of this muscleman in the first oil crisis. He had only covered a few road miles in the vehicle. The next owner was a man named "Nick Masciarelli" from Ohio. He bought the Cuda for his drag racing escapades. He modified a number of things on the HEMI engine to significantly increase the performance, as an engine expert he called in "Tom Tignanelli". Desperate to get a good result in the drag races with the vehicle, under pressure to win the races, Tignanelli persuaded him to swap out the HEMI for a new HEMI Race engine.

The Hemi Cuda was sold again in May 1973. The new owner, named "John Book" and his West Virginia partner "John Oliverio" continued to rush the HEMI Cuda around the drag strip during '73-'74.

Fortunately, from that date, the Hemi Cuda was stored in an air-conditioned room in West Virginia for historical preservation until 1989. In 1989 the vehicle was owned by the Painter brothers bought and just two years later "Milt Robson" from Atlanta Georgia bought the Cuda. This was still in the race look, nobody had ever restored the HEMI to its original origins. Milt Robson has now faithfully restored the HEMI Cuda to the broadcast sheet, everything has been professionally restored down to the smallest detail. He made no compromises and only used original used or NOS parts. The restoration was completed in the early 1990s. The HEMI Cuda Cabriolet still has all the original sheet metal parts, nothing had to be re-welded. The original interior has also been refurbished. Unfortunately, the engine could no longer be found. The search was unsuccessful and Milt Robson has sourced a correct 1/19/1970 Data-Coded Chrysler NOS block as a replacement .

In addition to a 4-speed, the HEMI Cuda was also ordered and delivered with a power steering, power brakes and a Super Track Pack (Dana 60 rear axle). Another great option ordered was the AM/FM radio and of course the body-colored elastomeric front bumpers (code A21). It is said to be the only '71 HEMI Cuda Cabriolet that has this option ex works, according to the broadcast sheet. Both broadcast sheets are available for the vehicle. The previous owner history is fully documented and is underlined by the titles (registration papers) that are still present. The vehicle was personally inspected by Galen Govier and is declared an absolutely original "pearl". It is of course also recorded in the official Chrysler Registry in the USA.

The HEMI Cabriolet appears in the color EB5 Blue outside as well as inside. Only the roof is in white. The HEMI is perfect down to the smallest detail, a real trailer queen and restored for eternity for the showrooms.

The HEMI Cuda Cabriolet has lot number 255 and can already be viewed on January 18th at the auction hall in Arizona. Further information can be found on the RM Auctions website. More comprehensive information about the total of 11 manufactured '71 HEMI Cuda Convertibles can be found in our reports.