The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   69 Chevelle Experts - Question (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166746)

SMS 04-08-2021 07:57 PM

69 Chevelle Experts - Question

4 Attachment(s)
My 69 is a 13437 VIN thus a 300 Deluxe Sport Coupe. (And yes I spend a lot of time saying not all 300s are post cars)

Baltimore late build, 07D with L on the tag. 350hp 4 speed.

The coolest part of it to me is the two tone with painted top. Olympic Gold and Dover White. All born with sheet metal. Frame off a few years ago.

As near as I can calculate and guess, there might have been around 281 two tone 300 Sport Coupes. Figured this way; 5620 total 300 Sports Coupes. Total two tones for ALL Chevelles was 5%. (Not distinguished between the available two tone color combinations)

So if I say 5% of 300 SCs were also two tone that is 281 units. Then I assume the lower trim level 300 might not get the love of fancy color schemes so maybe the 5% is too high if applied just to this model. Finally the 65/50 scheme vs other? Would be fun to know approx how many are out there.

Any better data out there that might support this hypothesis?

Thanks,
Bill

Postsedan 04-08-2021 08:45 PM

Hi Bill,

Definitely a very rare Chevelle.....I do remember seeing this car (or it`s twin at Chevel-Abration back in the mid 2000`s) Did you own the car back then? Was it the same car?

I love all Painted Top 1968-72 GM Muscle Cars....the painted Top Cars are all rare.

But unfortunately the saying....Rare, does not always mean desirable.
The painted top cars have a much smaller lover affair with the Muscle Car Collector.

I would certainly say with the color combo, painted top and it being an SS396 in a 13437 VIN. Your Chevelle is an extremely low production number....if you were to take your Chevelle to any car show in America on any given weekend....your Chevelle would certainly be the only example like it.

The total production number of the V8 13437 was 7,181.....the 5620 figure was for the 13427.

Also, is your Chevelle the same Chevelle pictured on Chevelle Stuff Website.

I Love your Chevelle.

Dan

markinnaples 04-08-2021 08:57 PM

That's a beauty!

X66 714 04-08-2021 09:05 PM

I like it. I wouldn't mind having one of the 2 tone 1969 Camaros myself....Joe

Bill Pritchard 04-08-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMS (Post 1544360)

Any better data out there that might support this hypothesis?

In a word - no. One thing for certain, I would be astonished if there was another 13437 SS396 of the same color combo still (or ever...) in existence.

Beautiful car, enjoy it!

SMS 04-08-2021 09:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postsedan (Post 1544363)
Hi Bill,

Definitely a very rare Chevelle.....I do remember seeing this car (or it`s twin at Chevel-Abration back in the mid 2000`s) Did you own the car back then? Was it the same car?

I love all Painted Top 1968-72 GM Muscle Cars....the painted Top Cars are all rare.

But unfortunately the saying....Rare, does not always mean desirable.
The painted top cars have a much smaller lover affair with the Muscle Car Collector.

I would certainly say with the color combo, painted top and it being an SS396 in a 13437 VIN. Your Chevelle is an extremely low production number....if you were to take your Chevelle to any car show in America on any given weekend....your Chevelle would certainly be the only example like it.

The total production number of the V8 13437 was 7,181.....the 5620 figure was for the 13427.

Also, is your Chevelle the same Chevelle pictured on Chevelle Stuff Website.

I Love your Chevelle.

Dan

Thanks Dan. This one was not finished until recently so it’s never been shown as far as I know. I’ve only owned her for about 4 years. Good catch on the production number. I got them crossed up.

And that’s not this one on Chevelle Stuff. That one is a Malibu SS with white interior.

Car was stored in Ga. for a long time. Also sold new in the Ga/Sc Dealer Zone but NCRS does not have the dealer name in their records.

Original floors. Excuse the Malibu door panels and seat vinyl. It’s what was available at the time of restoration so plan on correcting that now.

Postsedan 04-08-2021 09:36 PM

Looks Great Bill.

How about some engine pics.....you can even email me if you wish....be glad to be another set of eyes.

Your Chevelle is also deserving of an original GM Rubber Flooring. They are so hard to find :(
If I find one....I will keep you Posted :)

Is your Headliner, Sail Panels and Sun Visors correct for a 13437?

Yeah, the correct Door Panels and Seat Material will put your Chevelle over the TOP!

I understand the incorrect shifter is more a drivability thing.

Also....get yourself some correct Door Window Crank Handles. Just helping :)

Love it!

Dan

SMS 04-08-2021 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go Dan. Need to remove the spark plug heat shields and a few other things. Thanks for al the help and advice you can give. Enjoyed your 300 interview with Kevin at MCACN that is on YouTube. He was at my house last winter looking at a Camaro project I have and noticed/liked the Chevelle a lot too.

Damien 04-08-2021 11:40 PM

That's a fantastic Chevelle. Love it!

Ryan1969Chevelle 04-08-2021 11:44 PM

Hi Bill

I have seen this car on Facebook.

Love the colour combo, love to see more of the interior put back to 300 Deluxe.

I got to see the rarest 300 Deluxe Hardtop at MCACN a couple years ago as there was a Lemans Blue L89.

Ryan W31.