The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Zedder's Red '67 L78 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133390)

1967Z28 09-12-2015 10:17 PM

Re: Zedder's Red '67 L78

That really sucks, Mark. I hope you have better luck next time around.

bbbentley 09-13-2015 02:11 AM

Many things in my life I wonder why did they happen? Just as many times, I wonder why some things did not happen? If it is meant to be, it will work out. Sorry, Mark, for all the emotions that have come from this event. Hang in there.

njsteve 09-13-2015 02:16 AM

Grrrr. I hate pathological liars. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

Reminds me of a guy I tried to deal with many years ago who allegedly had the original, damaged block for a car I was restoring. He went from, &quot;it's in my garage,&quot; to &quot;it's in my dad's garage&quot; to &quot;it's buried in the back yard of my dad's house&quot; to &quot;my dad found it in the garage just yesterday and threw it out with the garbage at the curb.&quot;

REALLY??? Your frikken 87-year-old father lifted a 200 lb engine block and carried it 100 feet to the curb??????

Sorry for your failed deal. You'll find something better.

Zedder 09-13-2015 03:12 AM

Thank you all...I really appreciate it. It's funny, as I get older this stuff just doesn't bother me like it used to. As my wife says, &quot;there's always another car [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

chevelleheart 09-13-2015 03:46 AM

Sorry to hear all that Mark, I've had the odd one like that too. But It makes us all appreciate dealing with real car guys, the guys that say yes to a price and stick to it. That don't shop your offer all over the place and sell it out from underneath you. Guys that never skirt around the &quot; orig numbers matching&quot; issues, the fake cowl tags, buildsheets, re-stamps, ..guys that tell you exactly the truth , which thankfully is the majority of guys I've been fortunate enough to deal with...
Good Luck Mark,...on to the next car....

Zedder 10-22-2017 03:15 PM

So this car might be available to me again and I could use some help in determining a budget for making it a nice cruise night car. It has 21,000 original miles on it. Here is the deal:

The car is sitting partially stripped right now as the owner was going to repaint it. There is NO RUST anywhere, but it needs stripped and repainted the correct shade of red. It needs a windshield, gas tank, fuel lines, tires and new Cragars, carb rebuilt, pinion seal, carpet and headliner and probably needs the brakes done. Also the correct harmonic balancer put on it. I’m sure there are other small things, but that is everything major.

So what is a realistic budget for this? Nice driver quality cruise night car...not a show piece. Ideally, i’d Like to get this work done in the US before shipping the car to Ontario as I don’t know anyone local that can do the work.

The car used to have a Stinger hood and cowl plenum breather on it when it was a weekend racer...I would do that again with wheel well and drip rail trim and white pin stripes...

Zedder 10-22-2017 06:44 PM

Let me put it another way...do you think I can get the work done for $30k? If so, any recommendations for a shop to do it? I’d love Brian at Super Car Workshop or Rick Nelson to do the car, but both are probably out of this price range. Thanks for any assistance offered!

Zedder 10-26-2017 02:11 AM

For those following along...a couple of members were kind enough to send me pm’s. Consensus is $15-$20k...or $30k for a top quality shop. Sure makes doing an L78 project difficult to justify.

Zedder 07-06-2018 08:41 PM

Video of the car in it’s current state...

https://www.facebook.com/10889616178...6028945150655/

1967 4K 07-06-2018 09:05 PM

Good to hear about your purchase Mark I know you’ve been looking for quite some time. I remember seeing this car in years past. Congrats and good luck. What’s the build date please?
Richard