The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140881)

Hotrodpaul 01-12-2017 10:16 PM

Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

Looks like he used an adjustable wrench or a hammer to break out part of the air horn.

What a low life. It is a shame that there are people like this, as it ruins the hobby for some and affects us all.

Paul

resto4u 01-12-2017 10:18 PM

I would contact the police in TN. and see if they are working a case against him or will they open one.

L78 Fred 01-12-2017 10:23 PM

EBay Scammer Buddy Hill Humbolt TN

He goes by Buddy Hill as well, with multiple eBay accounts as stated in this thread
I'm afraid I was scammed as well and need to find out the statute of limitations in TN
I bought a few things from him a couple of years ago that I believe are restamps

Mr. Chevy 01-12-2017 10:42 PM

Makes you want to just stipulate No Refunds or Returns...

Rich

earntaz 01-12-2017 11:05 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: resto4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would contact the police in TN. and see if they are working a case against him or will they open one.</div></div>

Borders on fraud ...

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 11:25 PM

I will be contacting the police in his local jurisdiction and I will spend thousands with a lawyer just to prove a point if eBay finds in this guy's favor. This was blatant and outright fraud.

bigsixman 01-12-2017 11:29 PM

Good luck and I hope that you can get the issue resolved.

Stefano 01-13-2017 12:27 AM

Fraud sucks on all levels. Thanks for the heads up and I hope the local Police don't just pass it off as a civil matter.

ZLP955 01-13-2017 12:29 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes you want to just stipulate No Refunds or Returns...
Rich </div></div>
Unfortunately, eBay seems to ignore that statement, and generally sides with the buyer. A couple of years ago, I sold an electronic item in good working condition, listed 'as-is' and 'no returns accepted'. The buyer left me positive feedback and sent me a message stating he was delighted with the item.
About a month later he opened an eBay dispute, requesting a refund on the basis the item was not as described. Despite evidence that it worked upon receipt (buyer's message and feedback), and the time since safe delivery, eBay sided with the guy and automatically refunded his payment through PayPal - effectively an account charge-back without me having accepted it.

DW31S 01-13-2017 01:01 AM

I don't know how people like that sleep at night; the MAN upstairs watches each and every move we all make. Just remember, &quot;what goes around, comes around&quot; and sooner or later this guy's sour practices will catch up with him. Usually, and not that I sell much on eBay, I leave my PayPal account empty or close to it making it a bit harder for an &quot;unhappy&quot; buyer to make a bogus claim and be &quot;rewarded&quot; a refund. I tend to trust everyone and generally believe all people are good......that is until I get shafted or lied to.....and my memory is pretty darn good. If the perpetrators of these schemes and scams worked as hard doing things the RIGHT way as they do trying to &quot;get over&quot; (I'm trying to keep the language clean), they would likely have more money, toys, parts or whatever it is they are trying to accomplish/gain/attain. I was brought up by the Golden Rule and strive to live by it every day. I'm sorry for you, Matt, but keep the faith, Bro. Fate will intervene and you'll be ahead in spades.