The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Introducing........RAT’S NEST (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149308)

Pro Stock John 04-24-2022 04:32 PM

I like that wheel stop system too.

R68GTO 04-24-2022 05:14 PM

The wheel stop saves the guesswork when driving into the trailer. This location gives me 920 lbs of tongue weight and guarantees I’ll never open the car door into the escape door frame!

Too Many Projects 04-24-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R68GTO (Post 1589258)
The wheel stop saves the guesswork when driving into the trailer. This location gives me 920 lbs of tongue weight and guarantees I’ll never open the car door into the escape door frame!

That is a really nice set up. It, also, serves to hold the car back in a hard stop, in addition to the rear wheel straps. Frankly, I would probably have two, just as safety stops.

Chuck_Burg 04-27-2022 12:17 AM

WOW!!!! I want one!

R68GTO 05-24-2022 12:43 AM

Springfield Swap Meet - Memorial Weekend

1 Attachment(s)
The Springfield Ohio Swap meet this weekend is having a special display of vintage drag cars that used to run at KilKare Dragstrip so I'll have Rat's Nest there all weekend. If any of the Ohio contingent on this site are planning to go to the swap meet, stop by and say hi.
I'm hoping some of the prior owners of the car make the trip to see it and hope some of the old timers remember the car and have some stories to share. Should be a fun weekend!

Too Many Projects 05-24-2022 03:56 AM

That should be fun ! If you get "old timers" with stories, record them with a phone, or something, to save them.

Xplantdad 05-25-2022 02:34 AM

Have a great time!!:biggthumpup:

69z2x4 05-26-2022 12:34 PM

Hope to be there saturday..

R68GTO 05-29-2022 12:36 AM

Good weekend!

2 Attachment(s)
Great time at the KilKare Vintage Race Car Display. Finally got to meet Sherm (69z2x4) after messaging him for a couple years on local race history stuff. Also had a couple of family members (Chad Willis / Richard McQuirt pics below) of Ralph Willis stop by to see the car that Ralph restored to the Black/gold stripe scheme back in 1978. Ralph passed in the summer of 2021 unexpectedly. He told me this was the car he wished he had back.
Also had a guy stop by the car and told me that he knew the car well. He worked at the Ray Bryant Chevrolet parts counter and remembers when this Lemans Blue COPO was delivered to the dealer along with a another white COPO. He was a childhood friend of Doug Davis (owner #2 of my car and the guy that did the Rats Nest theme), and later worked at Ault & James where Doug had the engine built. To top it off, at one point he was the announcer at KilKare Raceway! He's going to send me a few pics he took of Rats Nest after it was painted, but before it was lettered up. He also thinks he might be able to help me find the OO for my car! I sure hope that pans out!

Too Many Projects 05-29-2022 02:57 AM

That had to be a very exciting day for you, Jim, congrats on all the people filling in history for you. Double fingers crossed on finding the OO..:cool2: