The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Introducing........RAT’S NEST (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149308)

69z2x4 05-29-2022 01:55 PM

For those of you that haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Jim in person you are missing out. Jim is such a personable guy and a gresat asset to the hobby..Just like Jim's COPO, it must be seen in person to fully appreciate what he has accomplished in his restoreration of such a fine car. Hope to see you again soon.

R68GTO 06-23-2022 12:27 AM

All loaded up!

2 Attachment(s)
GM Carlisle - Solid Lifter Showroom here we come!

Xplantdad 06-23-2022 12:33 PM

Be safe and have fun!:headbang:

R68GTO 06-24-2022 12:09 AM

New vintage photo of Rat's Nest!

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the guy I met at the Springfield Swap Meet came through with a photo for me. He told me that he has more, just needs to find them.
According to him, this photo was from the first trip to KilKare after the car had been painted. Best shot I have of the car in this form:biggthumpup:

Crush 06-24-2022 12:11 AM

I’m not sure if it has been said in this thread but I love the name of this car ! “RATS NEST” sounds so tuff and wicked! Love it!

Too Many Projects 06-24-2022 12:30 AM

That is really cool, Jim. Having history and pics of a 53 yr old car come out of the woodwork is amazing. Being a known race car has really helped you piece together the story.

Xplantdad 06-24-2022 01:19 AM

Way too cool!:smile:

R68GTO 07-13-2022 11:25 PM

Another bit of history on the car.....

At the risk of rambling, I'll kind of replay a phone conversation I had tonight. Spoke with a guy named Dave Thomas about bring Rats Nest to the "Gathering of the Geezers" event at KilKare in August as part of a vintage drag car display. Dave is one of the organizers of the event. As we spoke about the history of my car and it's ties to Kilkare as the home track, he mentioned that he campaigned the 63 Ault & James Corvette with Jerry Ault (owner of the Ault & James Speed Shop). I commented that the guy that created/raced Rats Nest, made the deal to buy the car while he was at Ault & James Speed Shop to pick up some parts. Dave's reply was, you have "that" car?! Dave proceeded to tell me that he was there that day and remembered the kid from UD (University of Dayton) that came in looking to sell this Camaro because it got terrible gas mileage and had manual steering and he wanted to get rid of it. He stated "that was a Ray Bryant car right? He witnessed the deal go down on my car 52-ish years ago. Amazing.

Too Many Projects 07-14-2022 01:45 AM

WOW, Jim, you just keep falling into all this history !! Congrats on filling in more pages.

Are you buying lottery tickets ??? :biggthumpup:

Xplantdad 07-14-2022 08:45 PM

Jim, that is beyond amazing (and cool) Thanks for continuing to share your cars history with us!:cool2: