The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   69 COPO Camaro in Car Craft (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129730)

mrays 11-06-2014 10:31 PM

69 COPO Camaro in Car Craft

This Camaro is pictured as an award winner at the Car Craft Summer Nationals. I'm guessing it's N661047, which is a Daytona Yellow M21 car sold at Dale Chevrolet in Waukesha WI, since that is the only non export Daytona Yellow with yellow hounds tooth interior COPO I know of. Can anyone on here verify that? I'm assuming it's the real deal and not a clone.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics...ro_copo_dy.jpg

Stefano 11-06-2014 11:12 PM

Re: 69 COPO Camaro in Car Craft

There are two Yellow Yellow 9561 Copo Camaros I know of. One is from Dale Chevrolet and was recently still in the Midwest,and seems to be the car pictured and the other was a magazine feature car and resides in Southern California.

The Dale "Duster" COPO had Black stripes painted on at the dealership.

William 11-07-2014 12:31 AM

Yup, sold new by Dale to a guy in Iowa. Sister car was an orange/orange automatic COPO; worked in Waukesha with the original owner. He told me about it because at the time I had an orange/orange Z/28, also sold new at Dale. Orange COPO is not known to exist.

ZAPPER68 11-07-2014 01:05 AM

Interesting...one of the exported yellow COPO's (with a yellow hounds tooth interior) was owned by my neighbour back in the Day.

We lived in a small prairie town in Canada that was a hot bed for high performance cars. My neighbours name is Rod Leeson and a few years ago he sent me a picture of his restored car at the 'World of Wheels' show in Calgary. He doesn't own it now and hasn't for years....

Rod was the second owner of the car...the car's first owner was a kid that had just graduated from high school and his Grandmother bought him the car as a grad present. Rod told me the kid didn't keep the car too long as it scared him and Rod bought the car off of a dealers lot shortly there after.

Rod is still around and his brother Norris lives close by me today...Their mother is still alive and she is close to 100 now.

The picture of Rod with the car is in my computer at work, I'll dig it out if anyone is interested. One more detail now that I think of it, Rod's COPO had aluminum heads on it!

Born30YrsLate 11-07-2014 01:17 AM

Always loved the yellow/yellow combo...but have gotten a soft spot for the black/yellow combo [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

ss427copo 11-07-2014 01:37 AM

That's what I said 30 years when I bought BWAG's CAMARO out of Ohio. &quot;It has to be Daytona Yellow&quot;.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...1304webbed.jpg

Carleen 11-07-2014 02:02 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZAPPER68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting...one of the exported yellow COPO's (with a yellow hounds tooth interior) was owned by my neighbour back in the Day.

We lived in a small prairie town in Canada that was a hot bed for high performance cars. My neighbours name is Rod Leeson and a few years ago he sent me a picture of his restored car at the 'World of Wheels' show in Calgary. He doesn't own it now and hasn't for years....

Rod was the second owner of the car...the car's first owner was a kid that had just graduated from high school and his Grandmother bought him the car as a grad present. Rod told me the kid didn't keep the car too long as it scared him and Rod bought the car off of a dealers lot shortly there after.

Rod is still around and his brother Norris lives close by me today...Their mother is still alive and she is close to 100 now.

The picture of Rod with the car is in my computer at work, I'll dig it out if anyone is interested. One more detail now that I think of it, Rod's COPO had aluminum heads on it! </div></div>

Yes we want to see pictures

bergy 11-07-2014 09:40 AM

One more detail now that I think of it, Rod's COPO had aluminum heads on it! [/quote]

Interesting - I have notes on a couple of 9561 cars that supposedly came from the factory with aluminum heads, but have never seen documentation. Does anyone have information on this subject? Probably dealer installed?

mrays 11-07-2014 12:55 PM

I believe the Canadian export Daytona Yellow with yellow hounds tooth interior COPO which was featured in Muscle Car Review a year or so ago was sold new at Ted Brooks Chevrolet Oldsmobile in Calgary Alberta. This car is scheduled to be at MCACN this year. Wouldn't the GM of Canada paperwork show the Aluminum heads if they were installed by the factory?

Kurt S 11-07-2014 01:24 PM

Al heads on a COPO? I don't think it happened. No docs, no engine codes, no cars, etc.