The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Diner Food... (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176807)

WILMASBOYL78 09-23-2023 01:19 PM

Diner Food...

It seems that even local diners are raising their prices thru the roof...I assume this is mainly due to things costing more. Thursday I had lunch with a friend and a turkey club and a Reuben were $30...add in 2 iced teas and the tip and it was over $40 for lunch. :dunno:

Yesterday Karen and I spent some time cleaning the cars and it ran late for dinner....and then I ran out of gas in the black 4 speed car. :mad2:

Gas gauge reads full :hmmm:...I will address that in the tech section.

Lucky it was right in front of the shop...had to get a couple of volunteers from the cigar club to help push it inside :worship:

Karen said "let's get a pizza"...large white pie with sausage and mushrooms...$28 :shocked:

I'm generally not a big fan of eating out and with these prices it won't be happening very much...besides I enjoy the home kitchen better :cool2:

Interested to hear about diner prices in other areas...

-wilma

chevyman0429 09-23-2023 01:26 PM

Went out during the week for breakfast at a local diner for one basic breakfast and coffee $18.00 without tip! Crazy

JRSully 09-23-2023 01:31 PM

They had a recent piece on Diners here on LI. Owners said the days "of coming into your local diner and getting a mountain of food for little $$ are gone, we have to pay the same prices for food that the rest of the restaurants do.." Also went on to say the new generation has little interest in Diners in general..
I can tell you that we had a ton of them around here, now they seem to be going under by the hour, sad

William 09-23-2023 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Same here. Still seem busy but I expect some will not survive a drop in business. A number of them have changed their hours, breakfast & lunch only.

WILMASBOYL78 09-23-2023 01:40 PM

Diner Food Prices...

Thanks Joe :thumbsdown:

1967 4K 09-23-2023 02:38 PM

Wife n I went to Pizza Hut last evening, medium Supreme and small side salad we split n two bottles water. $28.00.
A sign on the door needing help. Only two people working, no waitresses we ordered at counter then had to pick it up ourselves.

Jeff H 09-23-2023 02:42 PM

I will only get something to eat out maybe once a week now. I think it's a combination of people willing to pay higher prices during covid to keep places in business, the loss of our energy independence which ran up the price of oil/gas and therefore the cost to get goods to the stores, and a lot of places are increasing their prices just to see how far they can push it and still get people to pay. I was at the watering hole yesterday and it must have been payday for a lot of people. The $7-9 beers were flowing and the $13-20 appetizers were non stop! Of course 90% of the people put it on their credit cards so they won't realize how much they spent until next month.

Too Many Projects 09-23-2023 08:26 PM

Yep, the cost to eat out has gotten prohibitive. The wife and I have been splitting meals for a few years now, as neither of us need a full meal. We still end up with a $25-30 bill.
I took her and our son out for a birthday dinner for her a couple nights ago and nothing fancy to eat, but the bill was $81, with the, now, obligatory 18% tip.
Groceries are just as bad and I'm sure, as seen, adds to the price of prepared food. We have stopped buying some of our favorite snacks or "special night" foods because of the cost. When a bag of basic groceries comes very close to $100 now, it sucks.

muscle_collector 09-23-2023 09:24 PM

stopped at jersey mikes yesterday got a #8 club sub bag of chips and drink $16 a month or two ago it was $13 and i thought that was too high. i think i just ate my last jersey mikes sub. like most on here yes i can afford to do it, but at some point im not playing this stupidity.

Too Many Projects 09-23-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 1632612)
stopped at jersey mikes yesterday got a #8 club sub bag of chips and drink $16 a month or two ago it was $13 and i thought that was too high. i think i just ate my last jersey mikes sub. like most on here yes i can afford to do it, but at some point im not playing this stupidity.

We stopped at a Jersey Mikes a week ago and were put off by the same price. The glass front meat case had white paper over the glass and I asked why they didn't want us to see the display case and the answer was, they were very low on stock and thought it looked too barren for the customers. They can't get enough product and their price goes up with nearly every shipment they get. So yeah, we will probably not go back until this crap subsides. That will reduce the demand a little...:wink: