The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   SCR 26 Honoree (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176117)

ORIGLS6 07-14-2023 03:57 AM

SCR 26 Honoree

1 Attachment(s)
Each year at this time we announce the SCR Honoree for the Year. This year we are proud to honor someone who has had an influence on the promotion and the success of the SCR since the early years. He introduced the nation to the SCR on his TV show in the 90s and has continued his support for us the past few years as he has attended the events and provided excellent articles in Hemmings Muscle Machines. He and his lovely bride have attended our Thursday Nite Meet 'n Greet, the Friday night banquets and the Saturday shows. He has served as a Guest Speaker and most recently he introduced another Honoree, Mr. Bob McClurg just a couple of years back. He also attends our banquet and has been gracious and generous in our support of our adopted charity. Chuck has even been caught manning the water box at the dragstrip. Is there anything the guy can't do?
We have been blessed to know this gentleman for a number of years and we can truly say he has become a treasured friend.
It's our sincere honor and pleasure to name Mr. Chuck Hanson the SCR 26 Man of the Year!

big gear head 07-14-2023 11:53 AM

I always enjoy seeing Chuck at SCR each year, and I usually run into him at MCACN too. Such a friendly guy!

livettes 07-14-2023 12:30 PM

For all of us who have had the pleasure of knowing Chuck I have to say he is one coolest "car guy's" and one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met!
Congratulations my friend!
Jamie

67since67 07-14-2023 02:24 PM

Chuck is a great guy who has devoted his life to the car hobby, always ready to help, any time, any where. :headbang:

He is also a decorated combat veteran to whom we owe a debt of gratitude. :flag:

I am honored to call him friend! :beers:

Bill W

Too Many Projects 07-14-2023 02:42 PM

I've only known Chuck for a couple years, but he is always the great person everyone else has mentioned. Like me, he doesn't always remember names, only seeing a person a couple times a year, but he always seems to recognize me.

Yes, he has mentioned his service time and I thank him for that.
See you in 6 days, Chuck.. :biggthumpup:

Xplantdad 07-14-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livettes (Post 1627099)
For all of us who have had the pleasure of knowing Chuck I have to say he is one coolest "car guy's" and one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met!
Congratulations my friend!
Jamie

x 100! Chuck and LaRae are amazing folks...who have hearts of gold.

Congrats to Chuck!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

ORIGLS6 07-14-2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67since67 (Post 1627103)
He is also a decorated combat veteran to whom we owe a debt of gratitude. :flag:

:flag::flag::flag:

Steve Shauger 07-16-2023 06:34 PM

Congratulations Chuck, well deserved for the person you are, and all you've done for our hobby! :flag:

Mr70 07-16-2023 10:23 PM

He's always ACES with me. :)