The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   “Get that car done for MCACN 2021!!” (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163043)

A12pilot 09-12-2020 12:55 PM

“Get that car done for MCACN 2021!!”

2 Attachment(s)
Man, what a year. Just when you think nothing else could go wrong, the Pinnacle of Power cancels and we’re all left holding our head lower than when we were dumped at the senior prom.:thumbsdown: Both of them!:grin:

So what’s one to do? Point fingers? Blame people in elected positions of certain parties we don’t like? Go off on a social media tirade that will finally show everyone you really are the long lost President of Bezerkistan? :dunno:

Nonsense! What we need now more than ever is some uplifting and encouraging news, so let’s all take the official MCACN pledge for next year:

1. Place your left hand on the Year One catalog of your choice and repeat after me:
2. “GET THAT CAR DONE FOR MCACN 2021!!!!”:cool2:

Let’s use this thread to post up “MCACN Memoirs“ and keep the Excitement Train building in anticipation of the “Pebble Beach of Muscle Car Shows” returning next year!!!! Let’s look at the bright side. You now have more time to fix the minor stuff that may have been bugging you about your car to make it perfect for next year!

I’ll start out with the biggest thrill for me which was the unveiling of my A12 Super Bee. These photos show my wife Kelly and me getting ready to take the cover off Saturday morning. Behind the wheel are Jeff and Kristen, the son and daughter of the original owner, sitting in their Dad’s car. It was an emotional unveiling and really sums up what this hobby is about: Friends, family, and great memories.

What’s your favorite MCACN Memory? Post up!!!:3gears::3gears:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

Postsedan 09-12-2020 02:34 PM

Dave,

You are so RIGHT!!

That was a great day and great memories for your Family.

Again....so well done :)

Dan

olredalert 09-12-2020 09:05 PM

----I'm all in, Dave! just need a car,,,LOL! I asked Bob if a muscle boat might be included and he gave me a maybe. I know, I know, it ain't no boat show, but it is a horsepower show. I'll take a maybe as I'm finishing up a really special Donzi that even non-boaters may like. Had a bunch of stuff get in my way as I started almost 12 years ago. It will be a runner......Bill S

SS427 09-12-2020 09:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Wow, that's a tough one! There have been so many as every year has been a great one. I have to say though that our most memorable unveiling was Dana Hurt's 68 Yenko Camaro. Dana had never seen his car prior to that weekend and that was a thrill for us plus having Lynn Yenko sitting in our booth all weekend. The next most exciting one was the unveiling of our Yenko Chevelle (Van Gregory Hurst photo) and closing that chapter of the book. Lastly I really enjoyed hosting the LS6 Invitational as we had 14 of the nicest LS6's in the world.

However, I think everyone will agree that it is the reunion of people that we have every year that really makes the show what it is.

A12pilot 09-14-2020 12:37 PM

That’s a great story, Rick! It was nice to meet you in person last year and see that beautiful Chevelle!

I know there’s more favorite pics out there....post up!!

Cheers
Dave

67since67 09-15-2020 04:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Agreed, the reunion of old friends, and making new friends makes MCACN a priceless experience that flies by all too quickly!!

Favorite memories?? :hmmm:

Having my 'ol red hot rod (owned since 1967) included in the 2017 MCR magazine cover car group and being awarded Real Day 2 Concours Gold was very special.

Presenting a car for multiple judging makes for a busy but memorable experience! In 2018 my Vette (owned since 1977) was awarded Vintage Certification Legend, Concours Gold, and Triple Diamond.

2021? Got that covered already :biggthumpup:

Bill W

Before I hit submit, it occurred to me, some very special memories have been being there when friends were rewarded for their achievements as well!!

A12pilot 09-15-2020 12:44 PM

“Before I hit submit, it occurred to me, some very special memories have been being there when friends were rewarded for their achievements as well!!“

Quote of the Year, Bill!! And what it’s all about! :biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Bob and the whole MCACN Crew’s attention to the “people” of the show is what makes it so much fun! He was gracious enough to use Kelly in show material for a few years and it was a fun time for both of us helping promote the show!:cool2:

There’s more pics and memories out there! Calling Bruce!:dunno:

Dave

RPOLS3 09-15-2020 01:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
We have been blessed to participate 3 separate times with 3 generations of our family. Class of 1972, 1962, and Muscle Bike in 2012, 409 Invitational in 2015, and 2016 for our son with the Regal. All great experiences. The cars are the reason we get together but the people are what make the memories. Looking forward to 2021.

bashton 09-15-2020 03:41 PM

LOVE this post.

Once again, Dave has stepped up to allow us to see why we all do what we do, even in these unsettling times.

Dealing with the current situation and helplessly frustrated, I have to focus on the future and jump right into planning for what will be our best event ever.

More FUN in '21!!

Keep 'em coming....

Bashton

Xplantdad 09-15-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1514402)
“Before I hit submit, it occurred to me, some very special memories have been being there when friends were rewarded for their achievements as well!!“

Quote of the Year, Bill!! And what it’s all about! :biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Bob and the whole MCACN Crew’s attention to the “people” of the show is what makes it so much fun! He was gracious enough to use Kelly in show material for a few years and it was a fun time for both of us helping promote the show!:cool2:

There’s more pics and memories out there! Calling Bruce!:dunno:

Dave

I will start to post some of the "Best of" shots from all of the MCACN's I have been to....tonight when I get home. That is...if you want to see them.