The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Gregbent31 is a Scammer (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175120)

sixt9rsx33 03-25-2023 03:44 PM

Gregbent31 is a Scammer

Guys,

I posted on the parts needed forum a need for a NOS seal. The above guy PM me said he bought parts from another member and referred me to this guy. This guy's email is [email protected]. He was pretty slick sending pictures of the seal etc. I should had picked up on it because a few of his emails were weird. I glanced over it because of the "referral"
I went back to the PM page and now see the above guy is banned off the site. I did not notice that during my first response to him.
Just a heads up.

MYSTERYCHEVELLE 03-25-2023 08:45 PM

Yup. Same happened to me and Steve banned him. I changed my passwords for email and here afterwards. Just to be extra safe

Steve Shauger 03-25-2023 08:52 PM

also beware of [email protected] . looks like scammer!

PeteLeathersac 03-25-2023 09:44 PM

Googling Traincold’s email address shows he’s a known scammer on other sites too.
Similar MO to above, he has two Member names so one recommends the other as Ok etc.:mad2:
:crazy:
~ Pete

sixt9rsx33 03-26-2023 01:16 AM

I should had known better frankly, there were red flags all over but the referral angle got me. And he had pictures of an NOS cowl seal. Slick thief.

Steve, FYI this guy can still PM people on the site.

napa68 03-26-2023 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac (Post 1618467)

Googling Traincold’s email address shows he’s a known scammer on other sites too.
Similar MO to above, he has two Member names so one recommends the other as Ok etc.:mad2:
:crazy:
~ Pete

This was the screen name he used to contact me......

thomasadamsddss

PeteLeathersac 03-26-2023 03:26 AM

Googling “thomasadamsddss” shows he’s been exposed as a scammer on other sites too.
Sorry to any of us who get tagged by these bastards but best always Google anyone you’re considering dealing with also using quotation marks around words often helps zero in on correct results.
Whether member requests here are processed manually or by computer, would Googling their email addresses provided before approval be too tedious or possible to add to the computer program?:hmmm:
:beers:
~ Pete

Rumbleguts396 03-26-2023 12:16 PM

Same here, I was contacted by
"thomasadamsddss" just yesterday about a part wanted item I posted on our site. I never responded Thanks to the heads up of our group. Thanks all !!!

Steve Shauger 03-26-2023 03:37 PM

Scammer

I banned thomasadamsddss yesterday. Thanks everyone for the heads-up.mi

brent396 03-27-2023 02:30 AM

Hello,

I recently purchase some items from Martyn L. Schorr’s, SS grill emblem 1969 Camaro original is among the items he's willing to part out with. You can email him at [email protected] if he still have it available.

Thanks Got this yesterday scammer