View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 AM

Default Re: WHAT COLOR SHOULD MY TOW TABS BE?

Taken about 1971 and shows some Home-made tabs. Those tabs were very simplistic compared to the NMW Nova tabs.

This one just for fun since it was from the same day and Nova's rock!

I called the phone number on a set of NOS NMW tow tabs I had several years back and spoke to the guy who was said he was the owner of NMW, but sold the building. We spoke about the old tooling and parts. He said he had it in storage in the building, hadn't sold a tow tab in 20 years and when he had a chance to sell the building, he got rid of everything. He called some guys he knew to clear the building out. He thought everything went into a dumpster they brought there. If a bunch were sold to some guys who sold them on ebay, he wasn't part of that sale.

We also talked about color and is it was year specific, and he said color was what they had on hand.

Me and my friends used tow tabs, hubs and bars back then. I don't know anyone who didn't paint them flat black before they installed them. We also didn't always want it to be too obvious that our cars spent time at the track when there was some illegal, night street $racing$