View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Canadian 1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe SS, L78, M22

Thanks guys. It is a nice car and I've been after it for a long time. The reason I had it re-documented was that I thought it might explain the chambered exhaust and the F41 suspension. I remember Bruce telling me the exhaust was still on the car and sure enough, it is. Its been scabbed into and patched but its still there, although I doubt its very usable. I have read somewhere that these two items may have been standard equipment up until the third week of Nov. 1968 and this car was shipped the first week of November.

The other things I couldn't explain is that it has full carpeting and a plate on the door panel where a remote control mirror came through, which I understand may not have been available on a SS. He wasn't overly handy and I would doubt whether these items were ever changed. I haven't taken it off of the trailer yet so really have not tried to find any build sheets or anything on the car. He was the one that had it painted silver and installed the chrome slotted wheels over 30 years ago. I have one early photo showing it in silver only. He had told me at one time that when it was delivered to the dealership it fell off of the ramps coming off of the truck and it damaged the quarters. I expect this is true as its not a story you would make up. There were three NOS chrome wheel well chrome mouldings in the trunk, one in the original wrapper, however I have no idea why as the ones on the car are perfect. The different colour hood is due to him dropping a load of 2x4s' he had in the attic of the garage onto the hood. The interior is great except for one rip on a seam on the drivers seat plus someone had a Hurst shifter installed. Doug