View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Canadian 1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe SS, L78, M22

I haven't done anything to the Chevelle at this point; its still on the trailer as I just don't have time to deal with it. It will be interesting to see if the door panels have the same date on the back of them, not that they couldn't have added the mirror; but really, of all things to add, a remote control mirror; something I certainly couldn't live without. I'll check under the carpet to see whats there.

My COPO was dark green. There were three of them in the compound when I looked at it in the fall of 69. Two green ones and a blue one. I wanted to trade the SS wheels for the rally wheels on the blue one however they wouldn't go for it. I traded in a 67 427-435 hrs for it. I saw the blue one later at the same dealership when the engine had been blown up. The salesman said they had had five of them that year, the other two being yellow and orange; the orange one going to the Barrie area. A friend of mine also purchased a yellow one from a London, Ont dealership the same year and I saw a light blue one in Kitchener, Ont. in 1972 or 73.

I'm just finishing a restoration on one of my other cars which I want to put on the road within the next month so the Chevelle will have to sit until I can look at it. I'm not going to do another restoration right now as I've just done two. I may stick my 70 402-375 hrs. in it for now, paint it and do some minor cleaning and hopefully drive it a little later this summer. Doug.